Chapter 28 - Lover boy✓

Krios marched through the palace to the throne room where his father sat. Krios changed back to his original form within a second before opening the door.

"I did as you wanted father," Krios stated bluntly to his father.

"Yes, I am very pleased. Though I am quite disappointed in you for letting them escape the first time around." Tanwen replied.

"I apologize, I have solid reasons for such acts."

"Such as?"

"We didn't have all the crystals,"

"Is that so,"

"Yes,"

"Yet, still so disappointing," Tanwen tisked dissatisfied with his son.

"Now, will you let her go? For me?" Krios pleaded.

"That thing you called a girl? The one that tried to roast me alive?" Tanwen spat

"Unfortunately, you're still alive. But yes, her."

"You're letting this elf form take over your feelings. I should have never let you out." Tanwen pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No,"

"What do you mean, 'no'?" Tanwen frowned. "My emotions have nothing to do with my decisions, father. It's just how I am now." Krios explained

"That's nonsense and you know it," Tanwen yelled

"It is, and yet, it's also true, isn't it?" Krios challenged, "But you don't even know her! She is beautiful, strong, independent." Krios continued.

"Then what is she to you, Krios?"

"She is someone I want to hold dearly,"

"Is that so? What if she knew you betrayed her and the rest of your so-called "friends?"

Tanwen rolled his eyes, "So you feel romantic attachment towards someone who doesn't know you're a fraud?" He shook his head. Krios kept quiet for moments before mustering up to shout.

"Maybe you still don't have that feeling of love for anything, not even to me, your own blood after mother left. But I do," Krios snapped.

"Don't you dare say another word," Tanwen roared as he got up from his throne. "You better watch who you're talking to. You may be my son, but I wont hassite to kill you when the moment comes." Tanwen thundered as he stood face to face with his son. Krios felt no fear of the king. His anger was justified.

"Do as you see fit, father, I won't stop you." Krios said calmly to his enraged father. Krios walked out of the throne room, as the doors closed Krios breathed out. He walked through the corridors of the palace, before stopping at a metal door with steel bots.

"Locked, no surprise there," Krios told himself. Krios unearthed the ground below him, as a tunnel appeared he crawled through it. Opening on the other side he saw Tatsuya in a corner huddled. Krios covered the hole quickly.

"Hey..." Krios said softly.

"Who are you and what do you want," Tatsuya sassed as she started him down.

"You don't have to be so rude it's me, Krios"

"You again!" Tatsuya yelled angrily as she shot a flame at him. Krios dodged by a few millimeters.

"Look, I know this isn't the best time for this but I am here to confess something."

"Take you and your confession and leave," she scowled. Krios took another step forward.

"Tatsuya look, I know this might come off harsh but I really need to talk to you about something important. I'm not going anywhere and you might regret asking me." Krios assured. Tatsuya looked away from him.

"I know I don't look like the Krios you met before at camp. But trust I am him," Krios started. Tatsuya took a glance at krios, he was right he was not the same as before.

"See?" Krios said as he switched between his elf form and his normal one. Tatsuya was left in shock.

"I am here to say sorry for everything, I was the one who took the map. I sent it off with my bird, which is actually a raven to my father, aka Tanwen or formally known as Mr. Okizari. I knew about you guys all along, I was the one messing up and sabotaging anything and everything. I want to start anew, and that will start now by getting you out of here." Kiros explained. He looked up at Tatsuya, she was in shock. Krios also guessed she was angry too, seeing that she was clenching her fists so tight he could see her palms turning white.

"I... I am so mad that I can't even think of yelling right now. But listen here and listen good, I shouldn't be the one getting this apology from you, it should be Ayla." Tatsuya breathed out.

"Yes, ma'am," Krios replied quietly.

"Now are you going to get me out of here or not," Tatsuya asked.

Krios hesitated for a moment before deciding on honesty.

"Yes... I promise, I'll try." Krios agreed

"Okay... well then," Tatsuya sighed, "Let's move." Tatsuya pulled Krios up by his shirt collar.

"Ye. . yea," Krios stuttered.