Chapter 9 - Dragons✓

Kaida came out of the bushes with Wyvern next to her.

"Kaida!" Tatsuya ran up to her. Ryoko and I ran too. We all stopped when we saw what Kaida was holding in her arms. It was something very interesting.

"Kaida, what are those things in your arms? Also, where did you wander off to?" Tatsuya asked her.

"Oh, these? I think they are dragon eggs. I found them when Wyvern woke me up and you guys were gone. I looked everywhere for you, I thought you left. Wyvern led me out of the camp to find you all. But I tripped on the dragon eggs. They were all alone, with no nest or mother; nothing there. So I decided to take them with me." Kaida tittered as she put the two eggs down on her sleeping mat casually.

"Kaida, I told you not to take things that don't belong to you," Tatsuya told Kaida. "I know, but they would have been in danger if I didn't take them. Can I please keep them?" Kaida pleaded.

Tatsuya immediately objected, "No, we have a job to do." Kaida sat down on her mat next to the eggs.

"Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please," Kaida begged. Tatsuya rubbed the temples of her head.

"Fine, you can keep them. But if they don't hatch in the next 3 days, then you have to return them." Tatsuya nagged. She bent down to inspect the two eggs. One of the eggs started to wiggle back and forth. Tatsuya jumped back; the eggs started moving even more than before.

"I spoke too soon," Tatsuya sighed

We heard a crack from the egg that glowed a scarlet orange color. We all stepped back, even Kaida but Wyvern came closer. The egg cracked more and more till a tail came out of the small crack.

"Are you sure that's a dragon egg and not a–" Ryoko questioned before he was cut off by my hand over his mouth. The egg opened slowly, and a blue head popped out.

'I guess Kaida is keeping the dragon eggs.'

The first thing it saw was Wyvern, of course. The dragon jumped on him and started chewing on his antlers playfully.

"I can keep them!" Kaida squealed. She pulled the small blue dragon off of Wyvern's head.

"Not yet, the other one hasn't hatched yet," Tatsuya interjected. That's when Tatsuya ‌stepped on the shell of the other egg. The other dragon had hatched when we were focused on the first egg. It was hanging on Wyvern's ear, nibbling on it.

"I guess we didn't hear it moving." Ryoko speculated. I nodded in agreement; Tatsuya sighed.

"I am too tired for this, I am going to bed," Tatsuya stated as she crawled onto her sleeping bag.

"Hey, Kaida, what do you think you're going to name them?" I asked as I gently petted the blue one. The other was playing with Wyvern's tail.

"I was thinking Dalinda for the blue and Scylla for the purple." She says.

"Sorry to interrupt but Dalinda and Scylla are hungry." Ryoko boasted with a smug look on his face.

"Why do you say that?" Kaida asks with a puzzled look on her face. "Well, Dalinda is chewing on your hair and Scylla is chewing on Ayla's hair." He states.

"WAIT, WHAT!?" Kaida and I yelled.

"Keep it down," Tatsuya hollered. We ignored it. I quickly pulled Dalinda off Kaidas's hair and a few strands of hair were still left in Dalinda's mouth. She chewed it down. Kaida helped me do the same for Scylla. Ryoko was on the ground laughing. We didn't find it a tad bit funny.

"Ryoko, you'll look after Dalinda and Scylla while Ayla, Wyvern, and I find food for them." Kaida snapped, sweeping herself off and standing up. I followed, dusting myself off. Dalinda and Scylla ran over to Ryoko and tackled him to the ground. He groaned in pain.