Chapter 2 - A Threat✓

I think I lost whoever was chasing me. So far I'm running in the forest in my PJs and bunny slippers. For the record bunny slippers do not help with running in any way whatsoever. I stop at an opening in the forest.

"Talila, are you there?" I asked.

"Yes, Ayla?" Talila answered.

"What do I do now, I'm being chased down like an animal," I explained, gasping for air. My legs gave up on me and I fell to the forest floor.

"Well, you could always—"

"YOU! STOP RIGHT THERE," The girl yelled, interrupting Talila. I looked up to see the girl who had been chasing me perched on a tree branch above me.

"RUN FOR IT," Talila shouted. My body shot up and I started to run.

'How did she find me so fast?'

"Not so fast,'' a voice snickered. A tall boy with blondish hair and tanned skin towered over me. He grabbed me, pulled me into a tight hold, and lifted me off the ground. He was not very buff at all, just very strong, surprisingly.

"LET ME GO," I yelled, struggling to get out of his arms. The girl hopped from one branch to another till she reached the ground. She walked over to me and the boy.

"Stop that, you look ridiculous," the girl stated, looking at me judgingly. I just stuck my tongue at her and kept resisting. "Do it again and I'll cut it off." She threatened blatantly stepping closer and moving a knife closer to my face.

"Why are you here, you don't look like a foreigner?" The girl asked. I didn't pay any attention to what she was saying but could see her facial features more clearly. She had scars and a big burn mark around her left eye. Her eyes were a very dark purple. Then her ears were what took me out, they were pointy and long. Longer than mine. Is she an elf? How is that possible? I snapped back into reality when the girl snapped her fingers in my face.

"Cause I am not," I retorted. She looked like she was about to snap at me until we both heard a big crash. The girl immediately stopped wavering the knife at my face.

"Knock her out and bring her to the clearing, we don't have time to deal with her now," The girl demanded, and with that command, she ran off in the direction of the sound. Next thing I knew something had jabbed my neck. A dart, great. I fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

:::::::::::::::::::

"Nonna! Nonna! Nonna! Look, I drew a picture of the magic elves," Young Ayla shouted running into the kitchen.

Holding a piece of paper and jumping into her grandmother's arms. She giggled in the arms of her grandmother as she was lifted into the air. Ayla handed her grandmother the piece of paper.

"Wow Ayla this is a very pretty picture, I love it and I bet the Mythos elves will love it too, " Ayla's grandmother exclaimed.

"Really!?" Ayla cheered.

"Why don't we go up to the attic and give it to them," Her grandmother suggested, and Ayla nodded her head yes.

Ayla's grandmother led her up to the attic. She pulled on a rope that was hanging from the ceiling, then a flight of stairs fell to the ground. With a loud thud, dust filled the air.

Ayla was coughing and swatting the dust away from her face, and so was her grandmother.

"Up we go," Her grandmother began. She walked up the staircase and once she reached the top she set Ayla down on the wooden platform. Then she climbed up herself.

"Ayla, you want to see something cool?" Her grandmother asked.

"YES!" Ayla yelled whilst clapping her hands. Her grandmother pulled out a necklace that was hidden inside her shirt. She set down the paper, clasped the necklace in her hands, and closed her eyes. her hands, the necklace began to glow a soft baby blue color. Ayla looked at her grandmother's necklace in awe. A small portal opened and soon it was big enough for a hand to fit.