Chapter 11 - Bush boy✓

After a while, we were all resting at the side of the waterfall. We decided to set up camp at the side of the waterfall and watch the sunset. The sky was like a blaze of fire with bright city lights.

'I am starting to get used to being here'

Suddenly the dragons were on high alert. Wyvern started growling at the leaves that were moving.

'Can we ever catch a break from "Surprise" attacks?'

'I don't think so. Now get ready to attack with new powers,'

"What's going on?" Ryoko asked groggily, jumping up from his sleep.

"I don't know, she just started panicking," Kaida answered. She scooped Dalinda in her arms and tried to feed her pichuberries to calm her down. We heard rustling in the bushes again.

"That's why she's panicking, the bushes," Tatsuya whispered. Everyone got into a defensive pose. Even half-asleep, Ryoko changed into a jaguar. I just stood there with Zaya's book ready to whack whatever came out of those bushes. We all stepped back as the bushes started to rustle even more.

A foot stepped out, and we all tensed up. The next thing we knew a boy with an owl on his shoulder stepped out of the plants. He had golden yellow eyes, dark brown hair, and a huge scar cutting from his left cheek into his mouth and down his chin.

He had a plant tattoo on his neck up to the left side of his face. He looked only a year older than us and I am only sixteen. To no one's surprise, the dragons started to chase after this guy and his owl. The owl flew up into one of the trees while the dragons pinned him to the other, growling at him.

"Whoa, calm down," The boy pleaded with his hands in the air and unarmed.

"Who are you?" Tatsuya demanded, getting closer to his neck with a dagger made out of fire.

"Calm down princess, I'm Krios," The boy replied, smirking. Tatsuya stepped back but still had the dagger pointed in his direction.

"He's a smug one. Be careful." Tatsuya yelled at us.

"Don't say that. I am standing right here you know." Krios retorted.

"You guys he's unarmed, I think we are safe," I told them, still holding the book ready to attack.

"What do you want here," Kaida stepped closer, holding balls of water in her hand.

"Nothing, I am just lost," Krios pleaded.

"Whatever, just go back to where you came from, bush-boy. I want to go to sleep." Ryoko groaned.

"Ryoko!" We all yelled. We all let out a sigh of disbelief. But Krios sighed in relief.

"Don't think we're done with you," Tatsuya declared defensively. Krios flinched a bit and it was hard to notice but he did.

"Can I just stay with you guys for a while?" He asked. We all just looked at him with doubt.

"We just met a few minutes ago and you think we can trust you that fast?" Tatsuya stated.

"Yes?" Krios answered.

"I don't think so." Tatsuya flashed back at him. She signaled for us to gather as a group.

"Do you think we should give him a chance?" Kaida asked.

"I don't think so, doesn't he look a little suspicious?" Ryoko complained as he glared at the whistling Krios.

"I think we should give him a chance," I suggested.

"You all gave me a chance," I added.

"That may be true, But we still are not sure if we are being tracked down by Mr. Okizari. And or if he's a spy." Tatsuya replied swiftly.