Chapter 22 - Unicorns✓

I looked up at the tree; it was not glowing green, but an array of colors. Red, Teal, Green, and White. Talila was still floating over me. I closed the book and put it away. I needed to focus more on training and getting stronger. I grabbed Talila and put it around my neck.

"Talila? Are you still there?"

"Of course I am silly, we are stuck for life! Buddy, ol' pal, a friend of mine!" Talila cheerfully remarked.

"What's with you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Why?" She giggled.

"You're acting weird . . ." I muttered.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently

"You're too friendly . . . I mean I like the change from your sarcastic unpredictable self,"

"Now I feel I should go back to the sarcasm, it made things more interesting, do you think?" She asked.

"Really?" I sighed

"Really." She stated.

Suddenly, I saw movement through the glass; I recognized the broad figure that approached me. They opened the door, "Ryoko," I greeted him with a grin. "How did you get up here?" I asked, patting the floor beside me.

He sat beside me, a slight blush on his face. "After you left upstairs there was a bright flash, we were all worried. I wanted to make sure you were ok," he answered.

"You mean that?" I laughed.

"Yeah," he mumbled, looking away.

I reached over and gave his head a little nudge, making him look at me again. "Don't worry about me okay?" I asked.

"If you say so," he murmured, smiling weakly.

"Come on, let's go down!" I exclaimed as I jumped to my feet, extending my hand towards him. He looked up in surprise, then slowly grabbed my hand. Once he stood, he immediately pulled me into a hug.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you back," he whispered in my ear.

I smiled.

I had no idea how long it took to get downstairs, but when we finally came down they were all smiling, and talking happily.

"You did it! You did it!" Kaida cheered loudly as she hugged me. "And, the amulet has been restored to its original form!" she exclaimed as she pulled away.

"Oh my god! That is incredible! I'm so happy for you!" Tatsuya gushed excitedly. This was the happiest I have ever seen her be since she has always been so serious.

The relief of having half my journey home completed flooded through me. This was my second home; the place where everything went right.

As we celebrated, we were interrupted by the sound of heavy footsteps approaching from behind us. I turned around to see two women standing with tears in their eyes.

"Mom?" Kaida, Tatsuya, and Ryoko shouted. The women rushed forward to give them hugs and kisses. When they pulled away, one of them looked at Tatsuya and Kaida in amazement, as if they couldn't believe that the two sisters standing before them were their daughters.

"Mom!" Ryoko cried. She rushed forward and wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you so much!"

"What's going on here?" Mom asked as she glanced around at the group.

"She's the guardian, we're trying to help her stop the war and to face Tanwen!" Kaida explained while pointing to me. I tried my best to hide the fact that I was crying as well.