Chapter 3 - Zaya✓

They all looked at me suspiciously. "Tatsuya, what makes you so sure that a little charm necklace thingy can harm an entire village?" Ryoko questioned.

"Look who's talking, maybe you're just saying that because you have taken a liking to her—," Tatsuya started to say but was cut off by Ryoko's hand over her mouth. She swatted his hand away and just stared at him down.

"Let's not get into that, just give her the necklace," Kaida said. She looked at me and asked, "Can please tell us how you got here or maybe who sent you." She asked.

'To be honest I don't think they'd believe me if I said I fell from a portal thingy.'

Nonetheless, I explained to them what Talila told me. They looked more than blown away by the story.

"So what you're telling me is that this amulet can talk and that this island has the power to send you here?" Tatsuya summarized while holding Talila, inspecting it. Both Kaida and Ryoko were looking over her shoulder.

"Pretty much," Talila butted in bluntly.

"OH MY–!" Ryoko yelled as he jumped back. Tatsuya and Kaida were unfazed by the interruption.

"Kaida please, can you go get Elder Zaya?" Tatsuya sighed. Kaida nodded and walked off. Tatsuya stopped looking at Talila. She handed Talila to me, but it was more like throwing it at me.

Tatsuya and I looked at each other, shared a look, then turned toward Ryoko. Ryoko looked at us, laughed nervously, and walked back to the group. Silence filled the area.

"So, Where am I," I asked, trying to terminate the elephant in the room.

"Mythos, the island of creature myths," Tatsuya replied.

"What you mean is that I am on an island with mythical creatures," I gushed. They both nodded.

"Such as Shapeshifters, Animal shifters, Elemental beings, Unicorns, Dragons, Elves, Fairies, etc. The list goes on," Ryoko explained while ticking off every creature on his fingers.

"So then what kind of myth are you?" I asked intriguingly.

"Well I am a very brave, very humble, very responsible animal shifter," Ryoko answered with his chin up and thumb to his chest.

"You may be an animal shifter but you sure aren't responsible or brave, can't say much on humbled either," Tatsuya sighed playfully, but giggled a bit. I giggled as well.

Ryoko only sent both Tatsuya and me dirty looks. Tatsuya continued to laugh harder.

"Anyways, Tatsuya is a fire elemental, and the girl with soft gray hair, Kaida is a water elemental," Ryoko retorted with sass.

"Ooooo, Can I see? Can I see? Please? Please? Please?" I pleaded with Tatsuya. She looked surprised.

"No," she‌ responded sternly.

"Please?" I begged.

"No," stated.

"Please? With a cherry on top?" Our game of back and forth came to a stop when Kaida came back.

"You guys... I'm... with... with Zaya," Kaida squealed, running towards us out of breath.

A woman was running towards us as well, a hand had held onto her ‌long yellow dress trying to keep it out of her way of running. With a shawl around her shoulders, she was not old, more like middle-aged.

While running she tried her best to keep her glasses on her but they kept sliding to the bridge of her nose. They both stopped running and leaned their backs on a nearby tree.