Chapter 7 - Trouble✓

We walked out of the café a couple of minutes after we finished our lunch. It was fun talking and getting to know them. We walked down the cobblestone street back to the little gate that Zaya and I walked out of earlier. 

As before the gate needed a much well-deserved oil. We passed the flower garden once more, but this time something was wrong. A huge footprint? Or was it a paw print? Whatever it was, it was not human and it had messed up Zaya's beautiful plants. I don't think she noticed either.

"Um... Zaya, it looks like someone or something likes your garden as much as I did." I sheepishly told her pointing to the decimated garden. She stopped in her tracks, her back still turned to us.

"WYVERN!" Zaya yelled at the top of her lungs. The next thing I knew a seven-foot green dragon with ivory-colored antlers on its head flew towards us. It hovered above us before shrinking down to a four-foot smaller version of itself. What in the heck just happened? I stepped back in shock.

Ryoko patted my shoulder, "Don't worry he won't hurt you, he's friendly, trust me." I smiled and took his word for it.

"WYVERN! What have I told you about rolling around in my garden?" Zaya scolded Wyvern who had his head down. The rest of us tried to hide our giggles and laughter. I don't think it worked because Wyvern sent us a dirty look. He looked back at me once more and started walking up to me.

The only interaction with animals I had was with my grandma's dog. So I did what most people do when they meet a dog. I slowly extended my hand, allowing Wyvern to sniff the back of it. He bent his head down for me to pet it. I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't realize I was holding. He nudged me until I was on the ground and started licking me. Wyvern was like a young puppy. I giggled the whole time.

Zaya sighed with a smile, she turned back to her garden. She picked up a crushed Ghost Orchid in her hands, she closed her eyes and a green aura surrounded the plant. The Ghost Orchid started to rise in her hands. The petals were unfolding, the color was restored, and the dirt from the ground fell off.

She just brought a plant back to life! Then another green aura followed her other hand moving towards the dirt. She moved her hand in a circular motion, guiding the aura to dig a hole in the ground for the revived Ghost Orchid. She planted the flower down and at the end and patted the plant down with more soil.

"That was amazing!" I shouted.

"Thank you, But I think we should get inside." We kept walking along the dirt road till we reached the house two minutes later. We all settled into the dining room as Zaya asked. A couple of minutes later she stepped into the room with loads of things in her hands. Wyvern was following behind her carrying the remaining things on his back and using his wings to keep them in place.

"As Ayla told us, she and Talila are in danger. That means we have to start packing for your trip to the West Element Temple tomorrow." Zaya explained as she placed the supplies in her arms on the floor.

"Tomorrow?! Couldn't this wait a little longer?" Kaida whined. Wyvern put his things on the ground too. Some of the items were Tents, Sleeping Bags, Backpacks, Camping Knives, First Aid Kits, a few Matches, extra clothes, old maps, and compasses.

"I'll be back soon. I need to harvest some plants for you. Oh, and before I forget Ayla, you need to grab the book from my bag on the counter. Put it inside your pack before you leave." She tells us and walks out the door with small jars in her arms.

After a few minutes, we were about to finish packing, while Wyvern curled up to sleep. A loud siren noise erupted through the house. We had all heard the distant screams coming from the village.

'They already found the village? Is this my fault?'

I ran to get the book and stuff it in my bag. I opened the door to see Zaya running back into the house with the jars in her arms.

"DOOR! THE DOOR!" Zaya yelled.

She runs past me into the house, out of breath she's pointing and telling me to close the door. She had a hand on her chest trying to calm herself down. I locked the door and walked up to her side.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"Intruders. . . Kola followers. Go now! The back door." She replied, still trying to catch her breath, as she pointed down a hallway behind me. There was a loud banging noise at the door.

"Go now, all of you, hurry!" She told me to rush to the back door.

"What about you!" I yelled.

'Why is she staying back? She's not coming with us?'

"Come on Ayla! Let's go." Ryoko tried to guide me to the back door.

The banging at the door stopped. It was quiet.

"Why aren't you coming with us?" I asked.

'I've only known her for a few hours but why do I have tears, why am I crying?'

"Look, I know this may be a bad situation, but you have to run now, I am going to hold them back. But take these with you. It'll explain everything." She gave me a small journal and the harvested plant jars. I stuffed them in my bag.

But not before long, the door flew off its hinges and a group of big men walked into the house. But behind them was Mr. Okizari. Wyvern woke up to a loud noise. It looked like Wyvern knew that he was dangerous, as he started growling in his direction.

"Nice to see you again, Zaya." Mr. Okizari greeted us with a devilish smirk.

"Ayla, what did I tell you? GO NOW!" She yelled. Ryoko pulled me close.

"Let's go now!" Ryoko told me as he dragged me along with him as we ran. Kiada, Tatsuya, and Wyvern followed along.

"CATCH THEM NOW! Traitors." Mr. Okizari yelled. Three men started running after us. But before the door closed I could see Zaya trying to stop them from going any further. The green aura engulfed her hands, and vines covered with thorns started making their way out from the walls making a barrier. The barrier closed on her, Mr. Okizari, and ‌the rest of Okizari's men in the house.

The rest of us were still running through what seemed to be a huge forest. We were still being chased and it looked like three men were catching up fast.

"Wyvern, you need to enlarge and camouflage," Kaida asked, and Wyvern did just that. He blended into the surroundings and swooped under us all and then enlarged. At that moment the men lost sight of us.

I turned back to Zara's house, and I saw Mr. Okizari walking out of the house, alone. A fire had started burning half of the house down, I shut my eyes tight.

'I just want to go home.'