Chapter 15 - Plan Y✓

I awoke in bed close to a campsite. A fire is visible in my immediate surroundings. As I get to my feet, I look down at my arm and notice that it is well-wrapped in a cast.

"That's good that you're awake. I was worried that we would have to return to the city if you didn't wake up." Krios's age responded with a boy.

I just bowed and said, "Thank you."

"No need to be formal; may I ask your name, please?" The boy asked anxiously.

"Tatsuya," I replied.

"What a pretty name!" the boy exclaims with a toothy grin. Cute and silly. A banging sound filled the area.

"Well, I am Ruki, and if you don't mind, I have an issue to resolve, but feel free to wander around." Ruki chuckled, then ran off to the wooded area, leaving the clear campgrounds.

I started walking around; it was spotless, for guys at least. I can't say much for Ryoko. I chuckled at my statement. I wonder what happened to him and the others. Especially Kaida; I wonder if she is okay.

"Hey, you're awake!" Another boy called out, running towards me.

"Akiko, slow down! You'll scare the poor girl!" Another boy yelled, running towards me as well. They both stopped in front of me. Initially, the boy who was running toward me stopped right beside me.

He had purple hair, blue eyes, and vitiligo. The other boy that was trying to catch Akiko had green hair, red eyes, and a serious look on his face. He was trying to catch his breath.

"Hi, I'm Akiko, and this is Gurto," the boy claimed, pointing to the other boy still catching his breath.

"Hello, I'm Tatsuya," I said. They both smiled.

"How's your arm?" Gurto asked.

"It's getting better, thank you," I answered.

"Good to hear!" Gurto replied. Ruki walked out of the bushes, holding Dalinda by the collar.

"Dalinda!" I sang out. Ruki set her down carefully, and she ran towards me in the blink of an eye.

"You know this hatchling?" Gurto asked.

"She's my sister's," I replied, kneeling to pet Dalinda's head.

"Well, if she's yours, she just blew up our bounty-hunting gear," Ruki explained.

"I am so sorry," I apologized.

"No worries, we can get more back in town." He replied.

"By the way, I forgot to ask, where am I?" I questioned.

"Sky City, you're not from here, right?" Akiko stated.

"No, carried by a hurricane," I responded.

"That's strange, but we need to head back now. Why don't you come with us? You can't stay here injured." He cautioned

"Thank you." I grinned.

.........

I heard hooting noises and air being flung at my face. My eyes opened to see Fukuro flying over me. He landed next to me on the stack of hay I fell onto in an alleyway. Not a single scratch, just as it's supposed to be.

"Young man, get out of my hay!" An old man yelled. I jumped out and brushed the hay off my clothes. Fukuro landed on my shoulder. Walking out of the alleyway, I stopped in front of a fruit market stall.

"Excuse me, Madam, do you know where I am?" I asked.

"Well, you're right here," she giggled.

"Sorry?" I stuttered