Chapter 26 - Field Talks✓

For the past few days, Ryoko's mom had been teaching the dragons how to use their elemental powers. Surprise right? Dragons have elemental powers on top of being able to grow larger.

I continued on repetitive training over and over again. I was getting tired but I was able to do so much more than before.

But today was something different, Kaida and Tatsuya's mom were helping me with wind flex. The thing is that Kaida is a water flexer and her sister is a fire flexer. But their mom is an air flexer. I don't know how that makes sense.

The next hour of exercise consisted of using a small amount of air to manipulate, or create, the air currents around and manipulating the currents of wind to form projectiles or create objects out of the air. It was incredibly difficult. I kept messing up. After hours of trying and not succeeding, I decided it was time to stop.

Kaida walked up to me. "Hey, I know that wind flexing is hard to master, but if you keep trying you'll get it," Kiada told me.

We decided to try it tomorrow. The morning came way too soon. It seemed that I only slept for about ten minutes. My eyes felt heavy and I yawned widely. When I looked at the sun which was starting to rise. It was 7 am, and I was supposed to meet with Tatsuya at 8:00 am in case we wanted to train with each other. I still wasn't out of bed, I groaned.

I rolled out of bed and stretched myself.

I met Ryoko by the stream, he was skipping rocks. I stood next to him.

"Good morning Ryoko, I hope you sleep well," I greeted him smiling.

Ryoko laughed. "You look terrible! Did you eat anything last night or drink any water?" He asked.

"I slept fine," I replied, rubbing my neck.

He chuckled. "Are you feeling okay? You seem out of sorts," he added.

I sighed, I didn't want to worry Ryoko, but after thinking about it I realized that I was worrying everyone. "Yeah, actually no, I'm not fine, can you take me to the field today? I need some fresh air, and to clear my head?" I asked.

"Sure," Ryoko said.

I nodded.

He shrugged.

The weather was warm, but not too hot. Ryoko sat down.

I lay down and stared into the sky, taking in my surroundings. The trees were swaying back and forth, birds chirped, and leaves rustled gently from the wind. A warm breeze blew through me as it blew through the park. Birds flew overhead. It felt peaceful.

We were quiet until Ryoko broke the silence. "So what's troubling you?" he inquires

My mind was filled with many things at once. I took a deep breath, trying not to let tears fall. "It's just that everything has happened so quickly lately...I don't know what to feel..." I admitted to him.

"Oh come on now, I think this whole situation has been quite dramatic." Ryoko jokes. "Just be yourself and things will work themselves out."

"That makes sense, I guess..." I answered. I sat upright and stared ahead of me. "Well...how do I go about doing that exactly?" I questioned, "I don't want to make anyone nervous or uncomfortable...especially because they're already dealing with so much."

"You should talk to them. Talk about how you're feeling." He suggested.

"And what would that entail?"

"Just give them an explanation, or whatever you feel comfortable giving them. Just tell them what's going on and that they should understand."

I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

"Thank you," I hugged him, I could feel his heart pounding in his chest, and I quietly chuckled to myself.

"Now then...shall we continue our practice?" he asked me quietly.

Back at camp we were practicing the basic air flexing techniques, and Miko Tatsuya and Kaida's mother taught me the basics while I was resting. She helped me learn how to balance and redirect the air to produce an attack. As we both worked on breathing and adjusting to the changes in the air current around us, I began to realize a change happening in the air currents, but it wasn't us. Miko noticed as well.

"What is it?" he asked me

"I don't know...there's someone else here," I stated.

"Do you think it's an earthquake?" I asked her, and she shook her head. "No way, there aren't many earthquakes around here."

We continued through it multiple times without any problems. Then we practiced the advanced techniques which involved flying and hurricane making.

Then all of sudden something crashed through the trees. Everyone stopped and stared at the creature as it ran towards us. Its mouth opened up and revealed razor-sharp teeth. Everyone immediately got into fighting stances. Tatsuya went to stand in front of the creature. She held out her hand ready to summon fire. But I suddenly heard a loud thud as another animal landed on the ground a short distance away from us. We turned around to see three dragons standing behind us, one dragon bigger than the others. They started to glow and their eyes glowed red.

Suddenly a loud rumble sounded throughout the entire forest. Trees fell and the ground overturned on itself, we covered our ears, as the dragons screeched.

The grounds started shaking and another dragon landed. Not only was it bigger than all the others, it had a rider on its back.

Mr. Okizari stepped down from the large dragon.

"Greetings." He said with a twisted smile on his face.

He looked different this time.