You're fucking kidding me kid. He said suddenly grabbing her wrist, she let out a shaky sigh and everything went slow motion at this moment for me. Before I knew it I grabbed his wrist as well in a defensive move, my heart was beating fast, my eyebrows were furrowed and I was scared but angry at the same time.

She did nothin, leave us alone please.. I slowly said heavily breathing. I don't know what came to my mind, why I did that, he could literally shoot me any moment.

Oh you wanna be a hero kid ? He chuckled releasing her wrist. I thought things had calm down but he suddenly threw me one hard punch making me fall on the floor and almost loose consciousness.

Miles ! Gwen screamed catching me before I hit the floor.

Leave the kid ! The strange voice spoke. He came to us in three big steps and pushed his accomplice.

Don't let your feelings mix with your job Prowler. He replied throwing him a glare.

Goes for you, we said no victim.

This kid just called the police. He accused pointing his finger at her.

Miles are you alright ? Gwen asked looking in my eyes with tears.

Let's go. The masked man said and they packed their bags starting to walk away, but sirens were heard. SHIT.

I told you she did something ! Take an hostage or the cops will block us inside ! He started yelling and kicked a chair. His grave stare then turned to us. Take the captain's child !

Police, you're circled. Drop your weapons and put your hands behind your head. An officer said through a speaker.

Shut it Tombstone everytime you talk things go worse.

Bring your culito over here there's a back door. The third one yelled with his heavy accent and they all followed.

Police ! Don't move ! 5 police officers barged into the building with their guns ready. I let out a breath of relief as we were finally free. The tension had me unconsciously catching my breath. Call an ambulance, there are shocked victims. The officer said in his walkie-talkie. His worried eyes then started wandering around the room and at last stopped at us. Gwen are you alright ?! He asked in panick running when his eyes lowered down to us. When I saw your message I was so scared, you never used that application before I thought something happened to you butterfly...
He hugged Gwen tightly for about a minute before she cut the hug turning to me and taking my hand in her.

Thank you dad, she sincerely said. Please tell me you have a first aid kit, they hurt Miles. She pleaded slightly squeezing my hand. I could hear the concern in her voice. The officer looked at me for a second before nodding.

I have one, wait here. He said and started running outside. We heard the sirens of the ambulance and there was noise outside which means the news people may have arrived.

We should go.. I said, I didn't want my parents finding out I was here after they saw me on the news.

What do you mean we should go ? Not until I treated your cut. She firmly said.

Gwen it's nothing... it was just a lil punch.. I said even though it was hurting so bad, it felt like this guy's fist was made out of iron cause my jaw was hurting just by talking. But I didn't want to make it a big deal, Gwen already looks worried enough.

It's not ! She suddenly yelled and I looked at her surprised, a tear was rolling down her cheek. I was so scared, she confessed sobbing, I was so scared I'd loose you too... why did you do that Miles... she brought my hand to her cheek and I had a faint smile.

I'm sorry Gwen.

Don't be sorry, just promise you will never do that again.

I will always defend you. I said in a serious tone. She could not ask me to just stand here and watch her being abused by this man. That's not how my ma raised me. Our family doesn't run from things she said. She looked surprised and at loss of words by my answer.

They could have shoot you... she whispered shaking her head in disbelief.

They could have shoot you. I replied emphasising on 'you'. She didn't realise both our lives were at risk obviously.

She looked at me with her teary eyes and mouth half opened, looking like she was trying to say something. She just exhaled and hugged me really tightly, like I was going to fly away. I delicately hugged her too and stroked her back.

It's 1AM for me (in France), where do y'all live cuz I'm tryna be on America time to post at night but how is it only 4PM in LA😭

Anyways what do you think will happen next👀