~ cecilia ~

Lana Del Rey ~ Ultraviolence
'He hurt me but it felt like true love'
———————

I sat, waiting for Rafe to come to the chateau. I was mentally preparing myself for the lecture I was going to get once he got here. How I shouldn't hang around with the pogues because they're not good for me, or how I keep going behind his back.

He eventually got here and I was surprised when he didn't start yelling at me. He didn't say a thing to the pogues, he just came, and went.

Once we got in the car he sighed and looked at me.

"Look Gi, you can't be doing this. I can't deal with this shit."

"What am I doing, really?"

"You're going behind my back, with the pogues?"

He looked disgusted even mentioning them, speeding up as he got angrier.

"They're my friends if you like it or not. I'm gonna go see them when I want to!"

"Fine! You do that! See how that works out!"

"Fine!"

The rest of the drive was silent, I wanted to say something, but for some reason I kept stopping myself.

When we eventually got to the house Rafe got straight out of the car and slammed the door, leaving me sat with the keys.

I sighed and followed him inside. I didn't know where he went and I didn't really care. Until I saw Rose walk into the room that I thought he went into.

I followed her and saw Rafe sat there, doing coke. Because that was his only way to cope at this point, and no matter what I said or did, he never stopped.

Rose started walking towards him, I desperately tried to get her to stop but she ignored me.

"That's not gonna solve anything."

"How would you know?"

She stood over him, but he didn't move, didn't even bother to look at her.

"You've got a problem."

She put her hand on his back, probably trying to comfort him, but he shoved her off, sniffing another line off of the table.

She took the bag and stepped back, causing Rafe to jump up and start walking over to her.

"What are you doing? Give it back to me." He kept approaching her, trying to grab the bag.

"No." She hid the bag behind her back.

"Give it back." She grabbed her wrist, tight. She flinched in pain but still wouldn't let go.

"Give it to me Rose." He snatched it from her as I watched in horror, I don't think he even knew that I was there, watching.

"You know what my problem is?" He started pacing back and forth. "I've got a stepmother who lies to me...You think I'm stupid, huh? You think- you think I believe that line of shit? About how you can't find the gold?"