~ madness ~

Deftones ~ Change
"I watched you change"
———————

I woke up in John Bs room. I saw Rafe asleep in the corner and I could hear people talking outside.

I got up and walked to the door, surprisingly I wasn't in any pain, normally when I wake up after something like that my whole body feels like it's about to fall apart.

I opened the door and looked out, everyone was sat talking, I listened to them, trying to make it so nobody noticed me.

"We can't trust them yet."

"Yes we can! I've been with Jules this whole time, she's better. I promise we can trust her!"

"Oh and what about Rafe?"

"Exactly, wherever Jules is Rafe is probably gonna be there too."

"I get that. But we can't just push her away because of her and Rafe. He has barely any friends, when he does he feels like he needs to protect them. We can't do that to Jules."

"Well we might have to."

"She doesn't know anything about the gold either, she's missed so much, I just think she's changed. Maybe too much"

"I can't believe you guys."

I walked over to them.

"What gold?"

"Shit."

"What. gold."

"It's nothing Jules, don't worry about it"

"It's obviously something if you feel like you can't trust me enough to tell me about it."

"Jules don't worry about it"

"No. Tell her."

"Fine." John B got up "My dad was looking for this gold that was hidden away before he went missing. $400 millions worth. It was on this ship that wrecked, the royal merchant. We're looking for it and we know where it is, but so does Ward, and Rafe"

"That's it?" I hissed "I'm gone for a couple months and now I'm not allowed to know anything?" I kept moving closer to them "is there anything else you want to hide from me? I might aswell just leave because you really don't seem like you need me anymore!"

"No, we do need you Jules. You've been here since the start."

"And? What is it that you really need me for? Money? My stuff? But not me. It's never been me. It's only been the things that I give to you, what have you ever given to me other than stress?!"

Everyone stayed silent, just staring.

"Exactly." My voice started to break as I realised that maybe they really didn't care about me "none of you give a shit about me."

I felt Rafes arms wrap around me

"What's going on?"

Sarah came running up to me and pulled me away from him

"Jules we do care about you. I promise" she rocked me "we'll always care about you"

"Whatever."

I walked back into the bedroom and picked up my phone.

"I'm leaving. I'll see you later."

"Wait I'm coming."

"You don't have to Sarah, if you want to stay then you can. I'm not stopping you."

"I'm coming with you."

"Coming where? We don't have anywhere to go Sarah."

"Well first we'll go get our stuff, then we'll go. Well. I don't know, we can go to the beach and stay there for a while."