~ storm ~

Tyler the creator ~ EARFQUAKE
"Cause when it all comes crashin' down I'll
need you."
———————

We drove to the point, stopping at a pharmacy on the way.

I walked inside and picked up everything I was gonna need to help Rafe.

Deja vu.

I walked back out to him, he was sat on the bike with his head in his hands.

"Rafeeeee, I got your stuffff"

He looked up at me and I took out a tiny first aid kit I'd 'bought'

"How did you get that? We have no money."

"I have my ways."

My ways, were telling the man at the counter my friend had just had a really bad bike accident and I needed to help her before the storm. But I had no money, so I'd come pay him back another day. Another day, however, would never come.

Rafe smiled down at me.

"Stop, keep still or you're gonna get cotton wool in your mouth."

He stayed silent as I cleaned the blood off of him, he had a graze up his right cheek.

"Badass."

"Sure."

"What! It looks cool."

"Would you actually have killed them?"

"What?"

"If he didn't let go, would you really shoot him?"

"I mean, if you were about to die and there was absolutely no way of getting him off you."

"If I died would you have gone after them?"

"Yeah. Obviously. I wouldn't just let them kill you and run away. I was tempted anyways. Made me get blood on my clothes."

The rain started pouring, we were both drenched.

"We've gotta get out of the storm."

"Nooo, I like the rain."

"Of course you like the rain Jules."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

I dragged him into the middle of the street with me, it was completely dark, all the power was out. We could barely see each other.

"Look! The rains nice."

I looked up at him and smiled, placing my hands on his face and pulling him close to me. I felt his arms snake around my waist, we were so close that our noses were almost touching.

"Jules."

"Rafe."

"Do you really like me?"