087. hungover

Larissa groans as she wakes up, feeling Sam move around.

"Ow." She mumbles when he moves around too much making her rock.

"Sorry. God, why did we drink so much?" Sam asks, pinching his nose.

"Because we were bored... and I'm finally done breastfeeding. I needed to celebrate with alcohol." Larissa says.

"We're parents. Is it really okay for us to get shitfaced?" Sam asks.

"Of course. Long as it doesn't endanger them. I mean, it's not like we're giving them alcohol. Or getting shitfaced every single day. Once in a blue moon is acceptable." Larissa says. "God, I hate alcohol."

"Not what you were saying last night." Sam chuckles and she groans.

+++

The three teenagers and two Burtons walk into the kitchen where Sam and Larissa are giggling and cooking. Athena and the twins are at the table and eating.

"Hey!" Sam greets.

"Hi." Ophelia frowns at the joy radiating off of her uncle -- something that's rarely there.

"You guys hungry?" Larissa asks. "Nat and Jacob are eating in the library."

"We got bacon, eggs, pancakes." Sam says.

"Veggie bacon?" Libby assumes.

"No, real bacon. Or-- or meat bacon, whatever." Sam says.

"You made meat bacon?" Libby questions.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Is he sick?" Libby asks Larissa.

"No." Larissa answers.

"I'm fine." Sam assures.

"Right." Libby assumes. "You're not... dying or something?"

"No." Sam lets out a small laugh. "Come on, eat." He pushes the plate of pancakes towards the kids, though Libby knows he's specifically talking to her even though she's doing okay.

"Hey." Dean walks in.

"Bye." Ophelia grabs a few pancakes and Nathan's hand, dragging him out.

"Hey." Larissa grins.

"Ho-ho!" Sam exclaims. "Look who's alive."

"Why is she happy to see him?" Daphne whispers to Libby, giving a concerned look to Larissa.

"Maybe she's the one dying." Libby whispers.

"Maybe she's sick." Billy shrugs.

"Go count your pot brownies." Libby tells Billy.

"Dude, I don't keep track of them. I'm not a stoner version of Sheldon Cooper or some shit." Billy remarks.

"No need to be so rude about it. I'm a child." Libby says.

Billy flicks her in the head before sitting at the table to eat.

"You hungry? We have, uh, eggs, pancakes, bacon." Sam says.

"That real bacon? Cause, you know, you..." Dean trails off as he looks between the two. "Are you two hungover?"

"Uh... maybe. Took the, um, took Liam's transformation to formula a little too far." Larissa says.

"You switched him to formula?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, uh, he is seven, almost eight, months old and he is a huge biter... and even with the pump, my boobs just can't take it anymore, so I'm done. Until the next kid, at least. If there is a next kid." Larissa says.