057. demon blood

"You sure you're all right?" Sam asks his brother as they all get back to the bunker after a hunt.

"Considering I was about three seconds away from being an interdimensional booty call, yeah, I'd say I'm all right." Dean says as they put their bags on the map table.

"Well... we have the seal. Right? So all we need now is an archangel and we're set." Sam says.

"Sure, that sounds easy." Dean mutters.

"Yeah."

They see Ketch walk out from the library. They all immediately pull their guns out, Sam pushing Daphne behind him.

"Wait." Ketch puts his hands up.

"Son of a bitch." Dean grumbles.

"I come in peace." Ketch tells them.

"Yeah, right." Sam scoffs.

"And I brought you a gift." Ketch pulls Gabriel out from behind the archway. The archangel's mouth is sewn shut and he has a terrified look in his eyes.

"Wait a second. Is that..." Sam trails off.

"That Gabriel?" Dean finishes the question.

Ketch makes Gabriel sit in a seat at the map table.

"No, no, that's impossible. He... he's dead. We-- we saw him die." Sam says.

"Or did you?" Ketch counters.

"What'd you do to him?" Dean asks.

"Not me. Asmodeus. The Prince was holding him prisoner until I liberated the poor man. And I understand you may need an archangel for a spell, perhaps. Well, what luck." Ketch says.

"We need his grace." Sam says.

Gabriel begins to screech in fear, despite his mouth being stitched shut. Ketch attempts to calm him down.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. Calm down. Calm down. Nervy." Ketch reaches into his pocket and pulls out a vial full of grace, carefully putting it on the table. "Here. Take that. And, uh..." Ketch pulls out an archangel blade, putting it on the table. "The archangel blade."

"Why would you... what's the catch? What do you want?" Sam asks.

"Protection. From Asmodeus." Ketch states.

"The one you're working for?" Dean asks.

"Was working for. But when he finds out that I stole his prize milk cow, well, I imagine he will hunt me to the ends of the earth. So... this is the only safe place I know." Ketch says.

"What? Do you think you're gonna just move in?" Sam scoffs.

"Dibs on the top bunk." Ketch says.

"No." Sam, Natalie, Larissa, and Jacob deny.
"Deal." Dean agrees at the same time.

"What?" The twins question.

"I don't know what the hell's going on here. But if this helps us get Billy back, get mom back, helps us get Jack back, then... sure. Whatever you want." Dean says. He uncocks his gun, putting it on his bag.

~ ~ ~

Sam takes the stitches out of Gabriel's mouth.

"Gabriel, man, what happened to you?" Sam asks.

"All right, let's do this." Dean announces, walking in with a ritual bowl and his bag.

"Well, shouldn't we wait?" Sam asks.

"Wait? Why? We got everything we need. Everything else is just burning daylight. Come on. Let's open this door." Dean says.

"All right. I'll gather my gear." Sam says.