008. big news

"Did you catch us a case?" Dean asks, walking into the library with Libby.

"Uh, no. Get this. Some dude took a picture of a weasel riding a flying woodpecker. Midair. It's kinda nuts." Sam says.

"So, I'm guessing there's nothing on the Amara meter either." Dean says.

"Uh, no. I'm starting to think that God's psycho sister has gone to ground. What about you, you hear from Cas?" Sam asks.

"No. He said he was working on something to draw her out, but... it's been radio silent since he was here." Dean says.

"Yeah. All this quiet's starting to wake me up." Sam says. Dean pulls some takeout food of the bag and puts it on the table, matching excited looks on his and Libby's faces.

"What the hell is that?" Sam asks, looking at the sandwich.

"That? That's the Elvis." Dean states.

"Elvis?" Sam asks.

"Mm-hmm." Dean nods.

"Is that a--?" Sam lightly touches the "bread."

"That's a glazed donut." Dean informs.

"Yeah." Sam wipes his fingers clean.

"Two, actually. One topside, one on the bottom. Now, your inferior versions, they'll just take one donut, split it right down the middle. Mm-mm. Boom!" Dean blows an air kiss.

"Oh, God, get it away from me." Larissa says, pushing the food away from her, feeling the nauseous feeling she's been getting lately start to rise up again.

"Alright, well, uh, I hope you enjoy it." Sam says, sliding it away from him. "Wow."

"How dare you." Libby frowns at her father.

"You know, there are starving children out there." Dean says.

"Dude, I'm not gonna survive hundreds of monster attacks to get flatlined by some double donut monstrosity." Sam says.

"The Elvis!" Dean exclaims.

"Yeah, I don't... I don't want one either." Ophelia says, grimacing.

"Man, you guys don't know how to live." Billy says, grabbing Sam's Elvis.

"I'll take yours." Nathan grabs the food from Ophelia and takes a bite into it. He moans in delight at the taste, giving Dean a thumbs up.

"See? He's smart. He knows what's good for him. You ladies should listen to the boys more." Dean says.

"You ever tell me to "listen to the boys more" again, I will shoot you in the dick." Larissa threatens.

"It-- it isn't good for him." Sam argues. "Libby, put it down."

"No." She denies.

"Elizabeth." Sam warns.

Libby doesn't break eye contact as she picks up her Elvis sandwich and takes as big of a bite as she can. Sam rolls his eyes, running his hand over his face in frustration. Larissa can't help but to let out a small laugh at the girl's defiance.

Dean's phone rings, preventing Sam from scolding his daughter.

"Hey! Long time. Your Caddyshack review is way overdue." Dean says into the phone. "Yeah. You got it. We're there." He hangs up. "How do y'all feel about South Dakota?"

"Man, Claire barely texts me back, and I'm her little brother. She just calls you out of the blue?" Nathan asks. "What the hell?" He mumbles.

+++