067. halloween

"Athena!" Libby hisses. "Athena, you can't just barge in there."

"Yes, I can." Athena argues.

"They're sleeping. Let them sleep." Libby orders.

"I left my coloring book in mommy and daddy's room. I'm getting it." Athena declares.

"They're light sleepers." Libby whispers.

"So then be quiet." Athena hisses. Libby's jaw falls slack at the young girl's angry voice. She knocks out of her frozen state when Athena opens the door and sneaks into the room. Libby rolls her eyes and goes in to grab the coloring book and leave.

"Where is it?" Libby whispers, looking around and not seeing a coloring book.

"I dunno." Athena shrugs. Libby rolls her eyes. Libby starts to look around for the coloring book while Athena just looks around the room, glad she got her sister to do everything.

Athena tiptoes to her mom's side of the bed, watching her parents sleep. 

"Ellie?" Athena whispers.

"What?" Libby whispers back.

"Why aren't mommy and daddy wearing shirts?" Athena asks, looking at her mom's bare shoulders and her dad's bare chest.

"What?" Libby asks, turning around. She doesn't immediately think of anything, at least with Sam shirtless knowing he doesn't always wear one to bed. Libby looks at the bed, noticing the lack of clothes on Larissa from what she can see.

"Oh, my God." Libby immediately tenses up, her eyes squeezing shut.

"Mommy's naked." Athena loudly whispers. Libby opens her eyes, seeing Athena holding the sheet up.

"Don't look under there!" Libby races over, yanking her sister away, one hand over the girl's eyes.

"Why is mommy naked?" Athena asks.

"I don't care. Did you see daddy naked?" Libby asks.

"No. He only has the blanket over him." Athena says. Libby sighs in relief. "Why are they naked?" Athena asks again.

"Uh..." Libby struggles to come up with something, still trying to get the idea out of her head. "Um..."

"Hey." They both jump at the whisper, turning to see Billy and Ophelia in the doorway. "What are you guys doing?" Ophelia asks.

"I can't find my coloring book." Athena pouts. "Mommy's naked. I think daddy is, too."

"Oh, my God." Libby mumbles.

"Oh." Billy's eyebrows raise in realization after a moment. "Grown up mommy and daddy time, huh?" He chuckles.

"William!" Libby hisses.

"What?" He asks. "We're all adults."

"I'm 15. She's 5." Libby hisses.

"Oh. Right." Billy mumbles.

"Oh, my God." Ophelia mutters. "Oh, you poor babies." She winces.

"What?" Athena asks.

"Okay. Come on." Ophelia drags her cousins out.

"My coloring book." Athena whines.

"We'll buy you a new one." Libby says.

"What were they doing?" Athena asks.

"Arts and crafts." Ophelia says.

"What kind of arts and crafts?" Athena asks.

"Some with a lot of white paint." Billy mutters.