061. not a baby

"Look, Libby, I-- I just think that you should stay back." Sam says.

"Why? Because I'm 15?" She asks.

"Well, that-- that's part of the reason. But also because you've only been off demon blood for a little bit and you're still not super nourished, you know?" Sam says.

"Dad, I'm old enough to do this shit. Ophi was doing this kind of stuff at my age." Libby says.

"I-- yeah, I know, but I'm not Ophi's dad, okay?" Sam says.

"Yeah, because he's doing a stellar job." Libby remarks.

"Look, I just-- it's safer if you stay here." Sam says.

"It's not safe anywhere." Libby says. "I-I mean, somebody -- or something -- could break into the bunker. Rowena could rogue. I could leave the place and get hit by a bus."

"Still kinda sounds safer than Apocalypse World." Sam says and Libby rolls her eyes.

"Look, Bessie, you're still yo--"

"I'm not a baby anymore!" Libby yells. "Okay? Stop treating me like a fucking five year old. I'm not five! If you wanna coddle somebody, go to your actual baby daughter! I can fight!"

Sam fails to come up with a response, giving Libby enough time to snatch her bag and storm out of her room.

+++

"Fruit from the tree of life. Blood of a most holy man." Rowena says, getting the ingredients for the spell to open the rift out.

"Dean." Sam calls getting the older one's attention and Sam tosses him a pack of glow sticks.

Rowena pulls a hair out of Dean's head.

"Ow." He whines.

"Something from the other side." Rowena puts his hair into the bowl.

"Hey. How's Gabriel?" Sam asks Cas when he walks in.

"He said he needed a minute alone. He wanted to extract his grace by himself. "In private."" Cas says.

"Ew." Daphne grimaces as Libby gags.

"So I left him alone in Dean's room." Cas says.

"You what? No." Dean complains as the four teenagers quietly laugh.

"Better his than ours." Natalie mutters, Jacob nodding in agreement.

"I hate to interrupt, but I can't be the only one to notice the rather glaring hole in our plan." Rowena says. "We open up the rift, it gives us a day to find and save your mom and the boys. And it's a very big world over there and you're not even sure where they are, so..."

"She's right. The clock may run out on us." Cas says.

"Yeah. It might." Sam agrees.

"Yeah, well, we don't have any better ideas." Dean says.

"Mm, that's inspirational." Rowena remarks.

"What he lives for." Ophelia sarcastically smiles.

"Here it is!" Gabriel walks in. "The final ingredient -- a fresh serving of archangel grace." He puts a vial on the table. Rowena picks it up, the group looking at the small amount of grace in there that doesn't even fill up half of the vial.

"This is what you call a serving?" Rowena asks.

"Dude, that's not even enough to feed a mouse." Nathan remarks.

"That is the jet fuel of divine emissions. It'll be more than enough to get the job done." Gabriel says.

~ ~ ~