Thirty-Three

Stephen placed her in her bed, brushing the hair from her face, before placing her blanket over her. He looked around her room, seeing her sketches pinned up on the wall. He noticed thst they were of her friends and family, of Kamar-Taj, relics and scenery. Checking that she was still out, he slipped over to her desk in the corner, seeing more of her sketches.

He picked up a small pile, going through them and he chuckled, seeing Wong, Dahlia, Mordo. He stopped at one, holding it up. This was different, it was of him, but he was holding a child in his arms. He saw the details in the child's face, the clothes they were wearing, and felt his breath leave him.

He had that dream, of a daughter, and they were wearing the same thing. He had only dreamt of it three nights ago, and if this sketch was anything to go by, she was having the same dreams as him. Looking over at her in bed, he went through the rest of the drawings. There were more in the pile, of him, the both of them. As though moments captured from dreams.

He began to understand her hesitancy, to even admit it. Sighing to himself, he placed them all back down on her desk, and moved to the door. Stealing another glance at her, he left, and headed to his room.

He wouldn't say any more about it, she needed time, and he would wait. Perhaps he should go back to being the arrogant asshole, he chuckled at the thought.

Entering his room, he got changed, and settles into his bed, knowing that his dreams, were always of her.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thea woke to the sound of her phone vibrating, and she didn't open her eyes as she reached over, feeling for it on her nightstand. Grabbing it, she peeked and saw it was Nat calling. Sighing heavily, she answered and put it to her ear, remaining snuggled in her bed... 'What?..'.. She huffed, and then shot up, looking around. She was in her room.

'I'm interrupting something?..'..

'What? Uh, what? Sorry Nat, long night..'.. Thea ran her free hand over her face.

'I bet it was..'..

Thea sighed at Nats suggestive tone... 'No Nat, not happening. Argued with him, put him to the floor and then had more drinks, passing out. That's it. Look, I'll be over in an hour..'.. She pulled her phone away to check the time... 'The fuck is wrong with you?! It's 7.30!..'

Nat chuckled down the phone at her... 'What? Steve didn't give you a good enough seeing to last night you have to wake me up at this hour?..'

'Thea come on, I just wanted to see how you were doing after what happened..'.. Nats tone turned sympathetic, and Thea felt guilty.

'Sorry. I'm ok, just pissed off more than anything about all of it. The whole media shit dies down and I know its going to rip me apart again for what happened..'.. She threw her blanket off, and got up, putting her phone on speaker as she went to her wardrobe.

'Josh has been arrested, for breaking the order. Tony made sure of it..'..

'Good to know. How about you tell me the fallout from it?..'.. Thea put her phone down on the vanity next to her wardrobe, pulling it open to get changed.

'Its actually not that bad. Most are fangirling over you, and they think you're a superhero now, like the rest of us. You should look it up and see for yourself..'..

'Honestly, I don't want to. Just another situation I want to forget..'.. She sighed, pulling off her pj's, and getting dressed.