𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔: 𝐔𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, the faint scent of potatoes wafting through the air, enticing their senses. They gathered around the breakfast table, whispering appreciative thanks to Y/N, who had prepared a delicious meal for them. Wilbur, the last to arise, wiped his sleepy red eyes and joined the group, his look full of thankfulness.

As breakfast came to an end, George took charge of washing the dishes, their clinks echoing in the background. Meanwhile, the rest of the group gravitated towards the outdoors, where Techno, Dream, and Quackity waited for them.

Others stood around as the group relaxed upon the soft grass. Quackity carefully took the shattered disc that Tommy had handed him in his hands. "I'll fix that," Y/N said quietly as Quackity gave her the disc. She focused her thoughts and reached into the depths of her mind, imagining the disc as it once was, unbroken and whole. The fractured parts effortlessly merged back together in an instant, as if time itself rewound to heal the harm.

Y/N nodded with a pleased smile on her lips and handed Dream the repaired disc. He quickly inserted it into the jukebox.

Now playing 11

0:12───ㅇ───────1:10

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

As the disc played, the group listened closely, its eerie music interweaving with their thoughts. The soundtrack begins with the sound of blocks being hastily placed, accompanied by someone's hard breathing. The faint echoes of flint and steel were followed by coughing and the rustle of book pages.

Suddenly, the disc made a noise that made Ranboo's ears perk up. Their interest peaked, they struggled to grasp the significance of the sound. But just as quickly as it came, a burst of static abruptly ended the recording.

Y/N acted swiftly, reaching over to remove the disc from the jukebox. Dream broke the silence with a question. "Well? Anyone got ideas?" The group exchanged shrugs; their minds void of inspiration. However, Dream's perceptive gaze landed on Ranboo, sensing a hint of hesitation in his demeanor.

"Ranboo?" Dream prompted, encouraging him to speak his thoughts. Ranboo hesitated for a moment before finally finding his voice. "Uh, well, maybe we have to go to the Nether?" he suggested tentatively, uncertain if his idea held any merit.

Niki, curious, asked Ranboo more questions. "Why the Nether, Ranboo?" Ranboo moved uncomfortably, his sight catching the expectant gazes of his friends. "I thought I heard something familiar, like an Enderman," he stated, his voice a mix of uncertainty and curiosity.

The group nodded in agreement, considering the likelihood of Ranboo's observation. However, one of them spoke out strongly in opposition. "You guys can go to the Nether, but leave Ranboo and Tommy out of this," Wilbur said sternly.

Tommy began to speak out, but Wilbur cut him off with a firm statement. "Philza's gone, Tommy, so you will listen to me!" His words hung thick in the air, pointing out the seriousness of the situation. Wilbur turned and retreated inside, leaving the group to deal with the weight of their decisions and the path that lay before of them.

Wilbur's POV

A rush of anxiety coursed through my veins as I shut the door to the room. I got a fear just thinking about letting Ranboo and Tommy go into the Nether with the others. I couldn't stand the thought of losing them as well, especially after Philza's death.

A knock interrupted the silence as I sought to gather my thoughts. "Leave," I said, my voice tinged with desperation and self-imposed loneliness. I didn't want to have any conversations, when the weight of responsibilities hung heavily on my every step.