𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑: 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

Herobrine's POV

My thoughts traveled back to the beginnings of everything as I sat in my castle surrounded by crimson willow trees. I attempted to recall how I got here, but every time I do, I get a headache. "Goddammit," I said to myself. I focused my attention on a pigman who groaned at my side. "Coffee," it stated as it placed the coffee in my palm and closed the door.

I gaze at my coffee as I take a drink, almost scorching my tongue, and notice my reflection in the cup. My vision isn't what it used to be. I had to get out of here. I left my chamber and traveled down the dark red corridors to another room, the library that some of the endermen had made for me.

I know every single book in here since I'd read them all; some of them had been taken by that person. Today, though, was different. A book had gone stolen, but not just any book; it was a particular one, as well as a few trinkets that I had created. "Unbreaking II and a couple of discs," I thought as I walked around the library. Maybe they were just misplaced?

I sighed as I reached for a book that had been put on a ledger. Until the girl came along, this book was the only thing that kept me sane and remembering everything. Why? I opened the book and flipped to the first page.

Page 4 of 50

August 2010

I awoke in an unfamiliar location; I couldn't recall anything if I tried. There were moments when a fragment of my recollection came flooding back to me, just to be forgotten again. My vision was continually obscured by white mist. I thought it was lovely at first, but the more I look at it, the more I get an uneasy sensation. Why aren't they in my possession?

I flip to a few pages until I stop at a random one continuing to read it for some time to pass.

Page 7 of 50

September 2010

I made a house for myself; it wasn't the finest, but it'll do for now. During these few months, I saw that whatever these monsters that were spawning at night didn't harm me. Except for the people I would occasionally encounter whenever I passed through their town, the glances they would give me worried me as well as them.

Page 16 of 50

December 2010

For the past few weeks, the people have avoided me. They must have spotted my connection with the monsters and assumed I was one of them. It worried me for a long time since I never got to talk to them again because they would flee at the sight of me. I'd leave them some gold blocks now and again, maybe chop a few trees and offer them wood, but they never took anything. I ended up leaving them alone and avoiding them, just like they had done to me.

I let out a sigh. This is becoming tiresome. What is the point of continuing to read this? In just a second, when I said that, a gust of wind blew down through my windows, flipping to random pages.

Page 26 of 50

October 2011

My house, which I had once created, was now crumbling to dust as the days, months, and years passed. It was burning to the ground as I stood there with flint and steel in my hands. What I used to call home was now meaningless to me. I left and went back to the caves, where the darkness engulfed me. It felt familiar since I was surrounded by my people, or what others would refer to as monsters.

Page 31 of 50

March 2011

I had my people on my side, helping me with arrangements, from making countless plans on how to take over the village to traveling to other terrains. I was looking for other people like me, I've learned how to make portals on my own, to go to their world. I've been at war with other creatures, which resulted in them obeying me, even withers. But even with such individuals at my side, I've never met someone like my own.

Page 38 of 50

August 2011

For the last few months, I've been conducting tests with the assistance of other people. I began with animals, then villagers, and last monsters, to which they gradually gave in. But they always failed in the end; they were weak and perished, and their ashes would quickly vanish. I needed additional people to experiment on, but even the monsters turned me down. So, I'd depart, travel to another area, and catch more creatures without my people knowing. I've lived in innumerable caves, leaving red torches as my trail. I utilized them since they were not too bright for my eyes and did not cause any sort of pain.

Page 43 of 50

December 2011

The monsters found out what I'd done, tried to stop me, and even resorted to killing me. But they failed; everything that I've taught them, they utilized and used against me. My calculations were wrong; I should have never befriended these creatures but instead used them, and now I've got to pay the price. I became exhausted and weak as a result of the frequent struggle I had with them; it made my eyes ache. I despised this sensation and wished it would go away as soon as possible. For some reason, I kept hearing voices in my brain saying, "their eyes," and it was continually asking me to gouge them out, so I did. I used to consume some of the creatures' eyeballs, break up some of their corpses, and preserve them in a chest. It worked perfectly for my experiment.

Page 48 of 50

February 2012

Within my twisted laboratory, shelves lined with jars held the preserved remnants of the creatures I had vanquished. Each disfigured limb and empty eye socket served as a macabre testament to my relentless pursuit of knowledge and control over the realm, instilling fear in anyone who dared to cross my path. These ghoulish specimens will stand as chilling reminders of the depths to which I was willing to descend in my relentless quest for power.

Page 50 of 50

March 2012

In my coveted laboratory, I immersed myself in dark rituals and relentless experiments. Days turned into nights as I neglected my own physical needs, consumed by the obsession to create another being like myself, a vessel of immense power. However, even with my unwavering determination and sacrifice, all of my attempts to replicate my abilities failed miserably. I was frustrated when I realized how unique my existence was. My pained cries rang off the room walls as I realized the futility of my efforts, eternally reminding me of my lone, unequaled existence in this world.

╔═══════════╗

A severe headache grabbed my thoughts as I dove into the pages of the book recording my twisted voyage, clutching it with a vice-like hold. Words laced with unsettling recollections and echoes of my endless experiments penetrated my mind. My eyes, which had before been filled with a darker intensity, now hurt with an agony that echoed the depths of my own life. The weight of my past acts pressed down on me, reminding me of the repercussions of my unquenchable drive for power and trapping me in a vortex of agony and remorse.

My eyes were obscured by a whirling mist of white, making it difficult to comprehend the text on the pages and surroundings before me, blurring the lines between reality and the darkness that enveloped my entire soul.

I collapsed to the ground before catching sight of a familiar figure who appeared to have witnessed what I was witnessing.

Excruciating pain courses through my eyes, tormenting me relentlessly.