61| Bright Future

~What doesn't kill you makes you stronger~

Evangeline's PoV
I'm pregnant? That's the most terrifying thing I've ever heard in my life.

Sure, I'd love a child but I'm terrified that I won't be able to care for it properly. My mom was amazing and she tried her best but that environment I lived in as a child wasn't a good one. I've never even held a baby properly. I've never even seen a pregnant woman before. How will I do this?

"We've got each other," Tobias said as he held my hand.

I shook my head slowly, my eyes tearing up. "I don't think I can do it."

"You can," he encouraged me. "We'll have each other. We've got all my family. We've got everyone we could possibly need."

"How can I hold something so innocent and pure in my hands that were once stained with someone else's blood?"

"If he killed you, he would've gone home and hugged and kissed his kids and wife. He wouldn't have cared. You wouldn't have mattered to him. It was either you or him."

"What if I have to do it again?"

"You won't," he said firmly as he stared into my boring eyes. "I promise you won't ever have to do it. I will make sure you never have to do anything like that again. I'll always be here."

"I love you, Tobias."

"I love you, tesoro."

"Way to ruin the moment," I said as I rolled my eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion for a moment. "You called me an idiot. Tesoro means idiot, right?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot I said that."

"Idiot." A grin suddenly graced his face as he stood up and lifted me up into the air, spinning me.

"We're gonna be parents!," he exclaimed as he spun me in the air. I let out a loud laugh, something I haven't really done in a long time. Finally, he put me down. We both stood staring at each other.

"We're actually going to be parents," I said, the whole thing sinking in.

-

"I'm not marrying you just because we're having a baby."

"Babe, that's not even the reason and you know that. I love you and want to spend the rest of my fucking life with you. So will you marry me?"

"It's a bit of a coincidence then that the day we find out we're having a baby, you suddenly ask me to marry you."

"That's purely a coincidence."

"You're only asking me to marry you because we're having a baby. We never once spoke about marriage before."

"We didn't speak about kids before either and look what's happened."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "It takes two to tango."

"I didn't blame you for that happening," he quickly said. "I just want to marry you."

"Tobi, can't we just go to sleep?" He let out a sigh as he leaned over and switched his lamp off before settling back into bed.

"I love you," I said quietly, knowing he'd be able to hear me.

"I love you, Eva."

With that, I closed my eyes and was out like a light.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. I had a feeling Tobias felt a little dejected or pissed off after I had said no to his proposal. I knew the only reason he was proposing was because we now have a baby that'll bind us together for life once it's born. If he's not proposing because he loves me then I can't accept it.

The harsh sunlight burned my eyes as I turned over, facing away from it. My arm reached out to my nightstand and instantly found my phone. Tobias had finally bought me a proper phone, not one of those crappy ones.

It's time for my daily tiktok scroll.

I opened my phone only to see I had text messages from Tobias. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and sat up straighter as I began to read.

Hey Eva, you'll read this in the morning and I have no idea where I'll be. You're sleeping right now and I know that because I'm sat watching you and listening to you snore.

We haven't known each other long or even been together long but I love you a lot. I do and I've never felt this way before. I'm a pretty closed off person but somehow you managed to get pretty close to me.

The first time I saw you I was in awe. I don't understand how someone could be so beautiful. But I'm glad I get to be with that someone. When you left me, I felt like a part of me was missing and when I found you again, I felt like the missing piece was found and the jigsaw puzzle was complete.

I can't live without you and I don't want to. You mean everything to me and I know I don't say this often but I'm completely, utterly and hopelessly in love with you.

I love everything about you.
I love your eyes.
I love your lips.
Your hair.
Your voice, even though you can't sing for shit.
I love your body and each and every one of your scars.
I love the way you think.
I love our conversations.
I love when you do weird things, like when you were pretending to be me putting on a condom on yesterday.
I love seeing you.
I love the feeling of you taking my breath away.
I love the way you smell.
I love the colour of your eyes, they're mesmerising.
And I really fucking love being in love with you.

So what I'm tryna say is that I'm completely and utterly in love with you.

I hope you had a good sleep and I'll see you in the morning. Bye, my love.

I sat bawling at this revelation. This is the sweetest and heart warming thing I've ever read before. I wiped my eyes as I reread the whole thing over and over again.

This isn't a dream.

He really truly loves me.

At this moment, Tobias had walked into our bedroom, I stood up and instantly ran up towards him. "I'm completely and utterly head over heels in love with you," I sobbed out. "Ask me the question so we can do this properly."

I don't care about where we do it. I just care that we do it properly, mostly so I don't overthink about it later, wondering if we are actually engaged or if I had read too much into it.

Instantly, he's down on one knee in front of me. "I assume you read what I wrote?" I nodded my head. "Then you know exactly how I feel about you. Evangeline Kingston, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" He quickly slid the ring on my finger, not even giving the time to admire it properly before he let out a loud cheer and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a hug. "I love you!"

"I love you!"