24| Nice Of Him

~Become a ghost, forget attention just grow in private~

Evangeline's PoV
I laid on the carpeted floor and stared up at the ceiling realising that my life is messed up and that I'm really selfish. My mom is probably getting beaten to death by my father and I'm sat here making plans to stop a wedding from happening.

I just hope my moms okay. My eyes fluttered closed as I thought of my mother.

An unfamiliar lullaby was all I could hear. My mother had never sung this to me before. She liked to keep things simple and the same.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I looked around. I was back in the home I had been locked in for my whole life. My mother gently stroked my hair as she sang this unfamiliar lullaby. My father was getting impatient and angry as his face began to turn red. "Sweetie, go to your bedroom," my mother ordered me in her soft comforting voice.

I knew what this meant. It was our little secret phrase. Knowing what she meant, I ran to the bathroom and locked the door before turning on the shower and trying to drown out the screams from downstairs.

Before I knew it, the door handle was being rattled as my father tried to barge his way in. I was supposed to be in my bed yet I'm in the bathroom. I was sure to be punished for this. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR," he yelled angrily as he pounded on the door. Gingerly, I walked towards the door and hesitated for a moment before unlocking the door.

Before I had the chance to react, my fathers fist swung out and hit my jaw. When he didn't receive the satisfaction he was expecting, blows after blows were landed on me.

"FUCKING WAKE UP!," Aidan screamed in my face making me shuffle away from him in terror before I came to my senses. "Oh shit, I'm sorry," he apologised once he realised he scared me. I left my hand on my racing heart as I tried to catch my breath. The nightmares. I can't remember the last time I had one.

Why did I have one?

"I-It's okay," I breathed out shakily. Finally, when I was calm I noticed everyone was here except for Caterina. "Where's Caterina?," I asked confused.

"Are you okay?," Tobias asked me, ignoring my question. I nodded my head.

"Is she upstairs or something?," I pressed again.

"The wedding didn't happen," Theodore enlightened me.

"She couldn't do it," Eros shrugged. "Didn't want a life of lies."

"She wanted something real, not fake," Tobias spoke up keeping his gaze firmly on me.

So she went through with the plan. I must admit it wasn't a very good plan as it was rushed but it worked nonetheless. I can't say that I'm not relieved that she left because I am. This just means I have a shot at saving myself.

Now it's time for my part in the plan.

-

It was late and the sun had set long ago. I wandered around the home, unable to sleep. My little power nap earlier definitely gave me energy. I went to the kitchen in search for a bunch of snacks I could eat while I watched a movie.