45| So Glad

~Home isn't a place, it's a person~

Evangeline's PoV
"Tobias! Tobias! I'm gonna fall!," I almost screamed as the bike began to wobble slightly.

"I'm holding onto you," he told me as he gripped the back of the seat. "You won't die."

Carefully and slowly, I began to pedal, getting a little comfortable each time. Every time, I got remotely close to falling, I'd give up and he'd get me back on that bike. "Tobias, I can't do it," I sighed out, starting to feel annoyed with myself.

"You can," he promised me.

"I keep falling."

"And I'll keep catching you."

A small smile graced my face. "Good job I love you then."

"I love you," he said as he reached out and kissed the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around him, hoping he'd forget about the bike situation.

"Can we go inside?"

"Come on then," he finally agreed as he forgot about the bikes. He threw an arm lazily over my shoulders and tucked me into his side as we walked inside. We were only outside in the ginormous garden. Since I've always been inside, I preferred to be inside more than outside.

We sat at the kitchen and I watched as he flew around making a sandwich for himself and I. "Tobias," I said carefully. He looked up at me from whatever he was doing. "The mafia. I want nothing to do with it. But I wanna stop what's happening to these people," I told him, honestly.

He let out a sigh. "I know you do. I'm trying to, believe me I am. Seems right now, the only option I have is to," he paused momentarily before wincing as the words came out of him, "go to the cops about him."

"If you have to then I'll support you," I told him. "If you've got another way to get rid of him, then go for it."

"The whole thing is just fucked up," he mumbled as he went back to making our sandwiches. A few moments later, a plate was placed in front of me along with a neat looking sandwich.

"It is," I agreed. "I could've been one of those people being put work right now. It's scary to think about but if you had never brought me here, I'd be somewhere else right now."

"I don't even know how the fuck I got stuck with him in this thing," he stressed out as he took a huge bite out of his sandwich.

"We'll just have to find your way out."

"Enough about that," he suddenly said. "There's a mafia ball and we've been invited. It's in a couple days."

"Really?," I said as the colour from my face must've disappeared.

"It'll be okay. We're all going including you," he told me. I nodded my head, feeling slightly better. "Somebody will come around with the dresses and you can choose one."

A ball. Sounds majestic.

-

Mature Content Incoming

I was led to our bedroom. Tobias tugged me along patiently hiding a slight smile on his face. I pushed the door open to see the room lit up by a lot of candles. There was candles everywhere and little petals on the floor and on the bed. It was beautiful and I knew that he must've spent a long time lighting each individual candle.