29| How Long?

~In the end, he who sees the beauty within your soul stays with you~

Tobias' PoV
"Why the fuck is she not awake yet?," I asked the doctor. His mouth opened and closed as though he was feeling intimidated. "It's been months."

"I-I-I-," he began to say before stopping and taking a deep breath. "It depends on her. If she was ready to wake up then she would've woken up by now."

I let out a sigh before the doctor scurried away. I watched her from the hallway. From here, I could watch the rise and fall of her chest. At least she's breathing on her own.

Suddenly, my phone rang disturbing the quiet. "What," I snapped as I answered the phone.

"We got a job to do," Nicholas spoke over the phone before he cut the line.

For fuck sake.

It's the last thing I wanted.

I glanced at Eva one last time before I left the infirmary. Instead of heading towards my car, I headed towards the weapons room. Since the infirmary's in the base, I don't have to go far.

Nicholas, Theodore, Elias, Aidan and Eros were in there getting suited up and strapping guns to them along with a bunch of my other men.

Mafias are kinda old fashioned. Women don't fight alongside us. Mafia leaders are more commonly men. They're extremely protective over their daughters hence why Caterina had nothing to do with the business side of her fathers mafia.

I stared a bullet proof vest for a moment before pulling it off the hook and wearing it. I adjusted the straps before I grabbed a few guns. I didn't notice Eros staring at me confused.

"Since when do you wear a vest?," he asked me confused.

"Since I decided I value my life," I spoke curtly knowing full well that that's not the reason. I just don't want Eva waking up and finding out I'm dead too because I didn't wear a vest. Chances of me dying are slim to none but you never know.

"Let's go!," I yelled out as all the men charged out of the room.

As we spoke of our game plan in the cars, we had arrived. We quietly got out of the cars and slowly walked towards the mansion in the middle.

"Remember. Get the girls first then the drugs," I told them all firmly before we were to enter the whorehouse.

Quietly we all made our way inside the mansion, eyes peeled and ears open we listened for any sounds that didn't belong to us. Having split us all up into three groups, I headed to the basement with my group as the other two groups headed to the top floor and the second floor.

We quietly walked down the stairs, our guns ready to shoot. Suddenly, sounds of crying and whimpering was all we could hear. "Bingo," I whispered to Nicholas and the men behind.

We carefully pushed a door open. Inside maybe hundreds of girls were revealed to us. All wearing tattered clothing and skin dirty as ever. "We're here to save you," I told them, knowing full well we were taking them out of one hell and putting them in another although our world wasn't going to be as bad as they wouldn't have to use their bodies for work. "Quietly get up."

A few women stood up. "Stand up," I repeated. A couple more stood up. "Alright. Single file. Lines. Do it." A couple more women stood up and they did as I asked.

"NOW!," I spoke loudly and firmly, my voice echoing off the walls, making it seem as though I yelled. They all scampered up and stood in lines, one behind the other.

"Line by line, you'll leave," I said. "Go." The first line had begun to walk, following Nicholas and another to the truck we have outside. I watched as all the women varied from ages. The youngest must've been around 15. I refrained myself from telling the child to stand to the side. I wanted to help her.

Fuck it.

"You," I said loudly as the child was about to walk past me. "Stand to the side." She paused and looked around before realising she was the only one being told to stand to the side. "Get out the line and stand against the wall."

"Guard her," I told one of my men, knowing full well he won't let her leave his eye line. He nodded his head and stood beside her. I watched her for a moment as her eyes kept darting from around the room and then back to gun in his hand.

"Keep it goin'," I told them as I ushered them all out of the basement.

For the next few hours this is all we were doing.

Evangeline's PoV
A sharp stinging sensation was all I could feel in my stomach. It was like someone had torn me apart and then put me back together again. My eyes weren't opening. It was as though they had been glued shut. All I could hear was that annoying beeping noise and the smell of disinfectant was beginning to give me a headache.

Great. I'm in the hospital.

Slowly but surely, I slowly opened my eyes before squinting them as I got used to the bright lights. After a few minutes, I was able to look around. I was completely alone in here. My body felt heavy as I couldn't lift my arms or move my head.

Feeling uncomfortable, I just knew my hair was sticking to my sticky skin. I need a shower.

Suddenly, memories of what happened hit me full force.

The cabin.

My mom.

My dad.

The knife.

Getting stabbed.

Tobias saving me.

I can't believe my dad kidnapped me. Forget that, I can't believe he stabbed me. Unable to call for help, I laid for a while thinking about my mom and wondering if she's okay.

My throat was dry and scratchy from not having water for a while. My muscles felt heavy and were aching.

How long have I been here?