14| Dislike

~You are my favourite feeling~

Evangeline's PoV
I watched Tobias closely as he spoke on the phone. Whoever was on the other side had definitely put him in a bad mood. He was stood on the other side of the home gym as I pretended to practise the techniques he just taught me, like how to make a proper fist.

He threw his free arm up in the air before running his hand through his hair as he spoke harshly. I watched as he glared at the air in front of him only focusing on what the other person was saying.

I'd be blind to say he wasn't attractive because he clearly is. A strange feeling suddenly bubbled up in my stomach as his head suddenly snapped up to look at me. I quickly averted my eyes and walked towards my water bottle trying to act like I wasn't just staring at him.

Cutting the call, he took long strides over towards me before stopping in front of me. "That's it for today," he sighed out. "I've got a guest coming."

I nodded my head and stood up facing him. "Thank you for teaching me." With that, I turned and left, not waiting for his reply or for him to change his mind and say he won't teach me anymore.

-

I paced back and forth in my room, feeling claustrophobic even though this bedroom is anything but small. I have nothing to do. All the others are keeping clear of me for some strange reason. It's almost as if they're all avoiding walking down this hallway. If I enter the room they're in, they'll leave; that is what breakfast, lunch and dinner are like.

Tobias alerting me he had guests coming made me curious as I fought the urge to see who it was. I didn't win the fight as I slowly opened my door and snuck out realising I'm probably not even allowed out of my bedroom. I walked down the huge staircase and kept my back to the wall once I had reached the landing.

I followed a bunch of voices to Tobias's office. I paused near the door which was cracked open slightly. "Tobias, I can't marry you and I can't carry on with this lie," a woman spoke, her voice soft and kind.

He's engaged? What lie?

I've never had a woman as a friend. The only friend I've ever had is Enzo.

"Caterina," he sighed out. "My businesses won't have anything to do with you." He paused for a moment. "What about what you'll get out of this agreement if we do marry? You still want it, don't you?"

"I do," she breathed out. "Obviously, I do but I can't be with a man who runs a business like that. It's not right. It's sickening. I feel sick when I think about all the lives you've ruined."

"Caterina, wait!," Tobias spoke loudly. I didn't hear another word come from Caterina before the office door was swung open, revealing a beautiful woman around my age or maybe older. She looked expensive and well put together. She raised an eyebrow at me. Suddenly, Tobias stood up from where he was sat and stood behind Caterina puzzled on my why she stopped.

"Who do we have here?," she asked with a small smile as she looked me up and down before it suddenly fell and she turned to Tobias. "You sick bastard," she spat out, suddenly changing her tone. "I want nothing more to do with you."

She turned to me and placed her hand on my arm. "I'm so sorry," she apologised with a small sigh. "I'm sorry I can't help you." I stared at her in confusion before she shot off down the hallway, clearly knowing her way out.

"What the fuck are you doing here?," Tobias suddenly snapped at me.

"I-."

"I told you I had a fucking guest and that meant to stay the fuck away."

"Maybe I would've if I actually had some form of entertainment," I told him.

"Read a fucking book."

I let out a sad sigh. "What did she mean by that? That she can't help me?" He stayed silent.

"So you want some entertainment?," he suddenly asked me, dismissing the question I had just asked him. I didn't reply. "Let's go then."

He stormed out of his office making me follow behind. Where's he taking me? Somewhere to kill me probably. After a few turns down many hallways, we made our way in front of a door. He pushed open the door revealing a room with a bunch of really comfortable looking chairs all lined up neatly in front of a huge screen.

"The cinema room," he told me before he pushed the remote into my hands. "Leave me the fuck alone now."

"Wait!," I suddenly exclaimed as I stared at the remote in my hands. "How do I use it?," I asked embarrassed.

He let out a sigh before sitting down in one of the chairs. Gingerly, I sat beside him. He took the remote out of my hands and slowly showed me what each button did with his veiny hand before showing me how to find a movie.

Purple Hearts.

"You've never watched tv before?," he asked me in disbelief. I shook my head.

"We never even owned one."

"So what'd you do if you had no form of entertainment then?," he asked me, realising I obviously had to have a hobby to stay occupied.

"I made my own clothes sometimes, I'd help cook, I'd relearn how to read and write every time I forgot. I'd clean up."

I'd clean up the blood.

He didn't say another word as I leaned my head back and kept my eyes on the screen, experiencing this for the first time. Suddenly, someone who works here dropped off a bucket of popcorn. Tobias offered me some as he held the bucket towards me. I gently shook my head, declining his offer.

"Take it before I shove it down your throat," he threatened me.

Slowly I reached out and placed one in my mouth, noticing how Tobias was watching every move I was making. "Trying that for the first time too?"

I nodded my head. "Tastes pretty good."

Halfway through the movie, I realised that Tobias had stayed to watch the movie with me even though he had things to do. A small smile grew on my face as I realised he may not dislike me as much as he acts he does.

When the movie had ended, I turned to face him. "You were supposed to marry her? What made her change her mind?," I suddenly asked, clearly not understanding what boundaries are.

Suddenly, his relaxed expression faded and was replaced with a look that emphasised how much he wants to kill me. He stood up front his seat and gave me an icy glare, one that'll probably give me nightmares. "My life has nothing to do with you so stay the fuck out of my business."

With that, he stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

Yikes! I guess I spoke too soon. He really does dislike me.