twenty seven

"I'm going back to sleep" I said pulling the bed sheets up to cover me. hyunjin stopped me by grabbing my small hands, I looked at him in confusion.

"no you're not. I won't let you sleep until I finish my sketch of you" he replied.

"it's literally 3:46 am and you want me to stay up just for that? just continue the drawing tomorrow hyunjin" I rested my body back on the comfortable mattress. I felt the end of the bed get lighter which meant that hyunjin had gotten off the bed. I couldn't see what was happening since I was laying down.

"I guess I'll sleep too then" he came into the bed from behind as he grabbed my waist pulling me towards him, making me flinch at the sudden movement.

I turned around to face him and he was already sleeping. I smiled at him which he obviously couldn't see but I hoped that he would maybe be able to sense it. I gave him a tiny peck on the tip of his nose as he was calmly sleeping like a baby. his lips formed a half smile which caught me by surprise.

"did you just kiss the tip of my nose?" he asked me as his eyes fluttered opened. I thought he was sleeping, great well now I'm blushing like an idiot again.

"I might have" I replied smiling at him, he cupped my face gently and moved his head closer to my face, dangerously close, inches apart.

"do you remember what happened when you were drunk?" he asked me. my face flushed even more red than before, I was hoping that he wasn't talking about the kiss.

I shook my head 'no' and tried to back away. he pulled my face closer than before to the point I could feel his warm breathe on my lips.

"are you sure?" he said as I noticed how his lips were forming into a smirk. I gulped at the sight knowing that I couldn't give any excuses now.

"what are you talking about, I don't remember anything and we didn't do anything" my eyebrows furrowed.

"I didn't say we did something" his smirk became more visible, I could feel myself about to explode. I removed his hands off my face and ran to bathroom and locked the door out of embarrassment. I heard him call my name but I ignored him.

hyunjin on the other side of the door was asking me to open the door but I couldn't bring myself together. I wanted to vanish, what do I tell him now?

"hey it's okay just please open the door" he said while fiddling with the door knob. I slowly got up and unlocked the door revealing him hovering over me.

"you scared me, I thought you did something to yourself again" he hugged me tightly while silently sobbing like the world was ending. what does he mean again? and why is he crying?

"hyunjin, why are you crying?" I placed my hand on the back of his head gently stroking it. he let go of the hug and looked at me. I wiped one of his tears with my thumb and he gave me a half smile.

"I know this might seem dumb but I thought you were hurting yourself. before I met you, I had an old friend and one day he told me that he needed the bathroom but instead he locked himself in there and started to hurt himself. until he took his own life and I was too late to save him. ever since that day I made a promise to myself that I would try and save people from hurting themselves" he explained to me while more tears dripped down his cheeks. I could feel myself wanting to cry just by looking at him.

"hyunjin... why would I do that?" I asked him. did he also have that same dream as me?

"I don't know and don't ever think of doing it okay? if you're upset about something come and talk to me about it yeah?" I pulled him in my embrace and then started to rub his back up and down comforting him.

"let's go back into bed now" I broke the hug and took him out of the bathroom. we both got into bed and before I could get comfortable he quickly wrapped his hand around my waist and the other on the pillow.

"make sure to always talk to me" he told me while he removed his hand off my waist to pet my hair. I was blushing like crazy but good thing was that my face was facing his chest.

"goodnight hyunjin"

"goodnight lix"