fifthteen

"why am I in your car" I asked him trying to open the door but he locked it.

I looked at him but his eyes were glued to the road.

"hyunjin answer me" I said as hit his arm.

he still didn't say anything.

I gave up and decided to stay quiet since he wouldn't even look at me.

"we're here" hyunjin said unbuckling his seatbelt.

I looked outside and we were in front of his house. I took off my seatbelt as well and threw myself outside.

the cold air hit me once again and this time it felt different and way better.

"why am I at your house? why did you bring me here?" I asked him again.

"I wanted to bring you here, okay? is it a problem?" he answered my question while opening his door and waiting for me to go inside.

"are you going to come in?" he said as he tilted his head to the side.

I don't want to be here.

right when I was about enter hyunjin's house my phone started to ring.

I quickly pulled out my phone in hopes that it was my mother when it was an unknown number.

"someone's calling me, one second" I said to hyunjin as I answered the call.

"hello"

the caller spoke.

"hello"

"is this lee yongbok?"

"yes it is"

"I have called you to let you know that your mother is in the hospital right now, due to her fainting because of a panic attack"

I fell silent.

"we would like you to come to the hospital as soon as you can. thank you"

that's why she didn't come home.

I dropped my phone, my hands started shaking, tears filled up my eyes again and hyunjin was watching all of this happen.

"lix, who was it?" hyunjin asked me walking towards me.

I didn't know what to say. nothing came out my mouth, no matter how hard I tried.

"d-drive me to the h-hospital" I stuttered, trying to form words.

"what, why?" he asked me again this time placing his hands on my shoulders.

"m-my mother" that's all the words I could form.

hyunjin understood me and he quickly shut his front door and came back to the car opening the passenger seat for me and him taking his seat.

I sobbed uncontrollably. the tears were never ending.

well at least that's what it seemed like to me.

"it's okay lix, don't worry your mother will be fine" hyunjin said while one of his hands was on the steering wheel and the other holding my hand, squeezing it.

he would check up on me every five minutes to see if I was okay. I looked disgusting next to him, he looked like an angel.

I hate myself when I cry because, it makes me look ugly, weak and pathetic.

"I'm so weak for crying" I blurted out not acknowledging what I said.

"no you're not weak lix, it's totally normal to cry everybody cries, you have to cry to let everything out. it doesn't matter if it's out of stress, anger or anxiety it's alright to cry, crying does not make you weak" he said comforting me, his soft warm words had made a way to my heart.

he lifted his hand off and wiped away a tear that was rolling down my cheek with his thumb.

my heart started to beat faster.

we had made it to the hospital and I rushed towards the entrance then to the front desk asking which room my mother was in.

I had reached my mothers room and directly went inside to be met with my mother sleeping.

I rushed to her and started to cry. she still looked beautiful even though her state right now wasn't the best.

I held her hand in mine and kissed it. her eyes slowly started to open within a few blinks and she saw me.

"felix, my baby" my mother said as one of her hands were on my head stroking my hair.

"who brought you here?" she asked, I don't think she's seen hyunjin yet, since he was standing by the door.

"my friend, hyunjin" I said as I pointed towards him.

my mother thanked him and smiled at him and hyunjin smiled back.

"I'm so sorry felix for worrying you, I fainted out of nowhere the doctors told you it was because of a panic attack" my mother said as her voice was croaky.

"don't apologise, it's not your fault mom I understand" I said reassuring her it was okay and she should worry about it.

"the doctors said that I'll be let out tomorrow morning, so don't worry too much about me" my mother said removing her hand off my head and resting it on the hospital bed.

"I'm staying here until the morning" I said but my mother denied it and told me to go home.

"no, you don't have to stay felix, I'm okay you go home and rest" she said giving me a small smile.

"your mother is correct felix" hyunjin added himself in the conversation.

I looked over at him and he shot me a half smile waiting for me to be done.