twenty two

"hi hyunjin"

I groaned but when I heard those two words, I felt my heart beating faster.

"hey"

I just woke up and he's already making me smile this much. I thought he would never answer my calls, I've missed him so much.

"I think we should hang out again hyunjin. like maybe today after school we can go to a cafe or a cinema!"

I swear my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

"I would love to hang out again. it's always so fun when I'm with you"

"okay then! after school it is"

I missed his voice so much, his voice was always so soothing to me.

"I missed you so much lix, please don't leave me like that again"

"hyunjin, I'm minho.. not felix"

my smile faded. was I talking to minho the whole time? ugh for a second I thought felix actually called me back.

I wasn't fully awake so I didn't  even realise it was minho's voice and not felix's.

"oh, sorry I wasn't fully awake"

"why are you so obsessed with that felix guy"

minho giggled through the phone.

"I'm not obsessed with him!"

"yes you are. last night when we were at the park all you did was stare into space and just doze off into your own world probably thinking about felix"

he was correct. how did he know?
was it too obvious..?

"whatever, let's go the cinemas today"

"alright, I need to get going now bye hyunjin"

"bye minho"

I lazily got out of my bed and went over to my bathroom. after finishing my morning routine I put on my school uniform and everything else then left the house.

I didn't want to go school today, I really didn't.

I knew felix wouldn't come school today.

I reached the school gates and entered the building. I saw jisung by himself no felix or minho.

I walked up to him and asked him a question.

"hi jisung, do you know how felix is doing?"

"oh hi hyunjin, he's isn't feeling good enough to come to school just yet. i'm assuming because of what happened between you two" jisung replied.

felix told him what happened?

"ohh, yeah can you please tell him that I'm really sorry and if he could reply to my messages at least" I told him.

"alright I'll tell him that you said that, I need to get going now bye hyunjin"

"okay thanks jisung bye" I said and he left.

I waited for minho to come out of school so we could go to the cinemas as planned.

felix's pov:

I was in the middle of doing my online homework when my phone started ringing. I rolled my eyes and flipped my phone over ready to decline hyunjin's call.

but to my surprise it wasn't hyunjin, it was jisung. I picked up and he started talking.

"hi lix"

"hi jisung, why'd you call me did something happen?"

"no nothing happened. I just needed to tell you something, hyunjin told me to tell you"

great. what does he want to tell me?

"I don't want to hear it then"

"felix please! he really wanted me to tell you. he said he's really sorry about what happened and he wants you to reply to his texts or even maybe one phone call"

he doesn't let go does he?

"do I have to jisung? what if I don't want to"

"look man, if you answered his messages or calls he would be very happy. he asked me how you were doing and he sounded worried for you so please just answer him"

"ugh, fine"

"thank you lix. well I need to go eat I'll talk to you later bye bye"

"bye sung"

well I guess it's time to open all those messages after that call.

I went through the texts hyunjin had sent me from the past four days. he would send me over ten messages daily after what happened.

does he really care about me that much? I feel bad now. tears started forming again.

for the past four days I've been crying nonstop because of hyunjin, there was no one to comfort me, no one to hug me. I wanted to be hugged by him again.

over five missed voice calls daily. I read all of his messages one by one and one stuck out to me. I couldn't stop rereading it.

hyunjin
lix look, no matter how angry or how
annoyed you are at me, I won't stop texting
you and calling you until I receive a response.
I feel like my job was to protect you from the cruel world but I failed.
sent yesterday 2:26 am

tears were now overflowing out of my eyes. I didn't know how to reply to any of his messages and leaving him on seen would seem like I don't care at all.

what do I do.

the last time he texted me was two hours ago.

hyunjin
I miss you.
sent 3:59 pm

hyunjin
my heart hurts felix.
sent 4:00 pm

those were his last two messages he sent me.