CHAPTER 57

No text. No call. Not even a letter.

Y/N hadn't tried to reach Draco since yesterday. It made him wonder what happened. She looked so desperate to talk to him. He had replied to her messages. He had left a couple more, telling her he was home and could make some time to chat.

It wasn't usual for Y/N to remain offline for so long. Draco was worried. He checked the time. It was half past three. Only three and a half hours remained.

Father had bought one of the most expensive wines as a gift for the Cloverfly family. Along with that, he had also purchased some other expensive antiques that the Cloverfly family would appreciate.

Draco still doubted if this was it was the right way. He was conflicted between his father's ideas versus his own belief. But he had bought something for Y/N.

While roaming the Diagon Alley, Draco's eyes landed on that special jewellery store. And there's where he had seen that heart hanging on the chain. It may look like a simple heart to any muggle, but only a true wizard/witch knew its original properties. And Draco thought there was nothing better he could offer Y/N than that heart.

His heart.

It lay in a rectangular wooden box carved with a rose on the front of it. He had decorated it with a single red ribbon with a bow on top.

Lucius sat on the sofa, sipping hot tea, reading the daily prophet.

"What are you so worried about, Draco?" he asked without lifting his eyes from the paper.

Draco sighed lowly. But he didn't answer. It wasn't he hadn't heard his father, but he didn't know what he could possibly say. After all, he wasn't fixed on his decision yet. He was doing it but couldn't say he found it wrong. He remembered his father's look when he had opposed him previously. It was useless arguing with him.

"Come," Lucius spoke again, "Have a seat beside me." He patted the empty space beside him on the sofa.

Draco hesitated but took slow steps to finally settle beside his father.

"You aren't sure about doing this, are you?" Lucius asked, which caused Draco to look at him instantly.

Lucius kept the daily prophet aside and looked his son in his grey eyes.

"I wasn't lying when I said I understand my son," Lucius smirked, his victorious smirk that disgusted Draco but now fascinated him.

"Do you remember what I said previously?" Lucius asked. "It was your fate to be sent to the muggle world and meet Y/N. Denying it will only cause you problems."

Draco nodded, still not convinced.

Lucius sighed. "Why don't we get your mind off these things with a good cup of tea? I miss your mother's tea, but this will do for now. We are here to achieve something, after all."

Y/N's POV

I looked myself in the mirror again. The top fitted me well, but my face didn't. Draco and his father were coming over for dinner, and I couldn't be least bothered. Things would have been different under different circumstances.

It was still hard for me to digest the fact that Draco could do something like this. I had known him for a long time to believe he wasn't like this. But I had noticed how different he acted around his father. And he hadn't mentioned anything about the war to me.

If Zaider was speaking the truth, that did mean Draco hid things from me. Things that were extremely important for me to know. And he wouldn't have done it if he didn't have a motive behind it. It all summed up to only one conclusion- Draco knew I was a witch all along. He wanted to be with me for his family's benefit.