CHAPTER 35

Y/N's POV

Draco stopped his car in front of my place. Sighing, he looked at me. I undid my seat belt and tried to open the door. For some reason, it remained locked.

"Hey, Draco," I said, "How do you unlock this thing?"

"Oh, it's uh..." he said, "You've got to press this button." He pointed a button beside him.

I stayed still, hoping he would press it, but he didn't. That meant he wanted me to do it. I exhaled. Sometimes I couldn't understand this boy. The button was closer to him than to me.

I leaned over him to press the button when suddenly Draco pressed his lips on mine. It took me a moment to understand why he had kept the doors locked and wanted me to press the button.

After a second or two, I pulled back, blushing.

"Draco," I said. "My mom could have seen us."

"Scared, Cloverfly?" he asked with an accent.

"You wish," I replied and kissed him again.

Draco stroked my cheek when I pulled back and said, "I'm so excited for tomorrow. I have planned the whole day."

I suddenly remembered the weekend plan I had made with Draco. But Danielle had asked me to help her with the marathon work, and I had promised her.

"Yeah, about that," I managed to say, "We need to rearrange the plans for tomorrow."

"What do you mean?" Draco asked with a concerned look.

"The sponsors are coming in tomorrow," I said, and Draco exhaled loudly, rolling his eyes.

"Danielle needs me," I explained. "It's important."

"Alright," he said. "But I was looking forward to it, you know."

"Me too," I said and blinked my eyes at him. "I'll try to come asap. We can hang out together for some time."

"Yeah, I guess," Draco said. I gave him a quick peck before clicking the button and opening the car's door.

"See ya," I said. Draco waved at me and turned his car to leave.

As I walked toward my house, my mother's figure moved closer.

"Who was that?" she asked. "That didn't look like Danielle's car."

"I never said it was Danielle," I replied without looking at her. I casually proceeded toward the stairs.

"Then who was it?" Mom asked again.

"It was a friend," I said.

"A guy friend?"

"Yes, mom," I finally turned to face her. "He's a guy. Am I not allowed to have guy friends too?"

"Was it the previous guy? Your presentation partner?"

"No, it wasn't Andrew." Then with a heavy sigh, I added, "Stop interrogating me, mom. It's suffocating."

"Is he your boyfriend?" she kept asking.

"No, stop it, mom," I pressed. "That, right there, is something you should stop doing. And what if I have a boyfriend? What does it matter? I'm going to be eighteen in a couple of weeks. So what's gonna change?"

"You don't understand, Y/N," mom said with slight concern. "You can't have boyfriends. Not the ones at your school, not before you turn eighteen."

"Mom, you and dad have been repeating that forever," I burst, "And I have never questioned it. But I don't understand what the big deal is."