CHAPTER 2

Draco was resting his head back on the bathtub letting his tiredness flow into the hot water. The water helped him calm down his nerves. It had only been a week since he was in the muggle world, and it had already caused him this much frustration. How would he adjust when he actually had to get involved among them?

He wished to go back to Malfoy Manor and live there as before, but that wasn't possible now, was it? Everything had changed after Voldemort returned. He had to live in constant fear and disapproving looks of Hogwarts. And what good did it do to follow the so-called Dark Lord? It cost them everything. Nothing was going to be the same ever again. He knew that. However false condolences Lucius and Narcissa might have given, Draco wasn't a kid anymore. He knew that nothing was going to be the same ever again. So his last option to live peacefully was among the muggles where he had to study and live among them for a long time.

He had tried today to go near those filthy creatures. And out of all the places, he chose the city club. The reason was - there he could be near them without actually having to socialize. He already felt disgusted when he entered the sight of a bunch of school-going kids losing themselves over alcohol and loud music. Nevertheless, he kept making his way from the crowd to where the drinks were.

Then, out of nowhere, a girl bumped into him causing him to take a step back. She looked into his eyes like she was staring into his soul. Her emotionless face described thousands of emotions - pain, sorrow, guilt, denial. Draco was familiar with all of them. She looked like she would cry any minute now, but she didn't. Instead, she collapsed in his arms. He asked some people around if they knew her. But when everyone denied to know her, he thought of dropping her in some corner.

Now taking a bath in his bathtub, Draco wondered what came over him to carry her all the way to his home. He had to let her sleep in his own bed since the guest room was on the second floor, and he couldn't carry her up there without his magic which he was forbidden to use. Damn those protocols!

After letting her sleep in his bed, he had gone to the sauna. That was when she'd woken up and started making demands. Well, not demands exactly but she wasn't thankful either.

He sighed and raised his head to look at the used tissues lying in a corner. He was really a dick. He shouldn't have spoken to her that way. She was drunk and had woken up at a strange place. She was confused and needed some answers. But the worst thing he did was to let her out alone. It was past midnight and she was walking on the streets, alone.

"Zaider," he called out and the house-elf appeared at once.

Zaider was the house-elf of Malfoy's. He had been taking care of Draco in the human world.

"Get her," Draco commanded and the elf turned to leave when he added, "Do go looking like this. You'll scare her. Disguise yourself."

The elf nodded and disappeared.

Draco got out, the water droplets flowing down his body. With a clean towel, he wiped himself before putting on his clothes. He wore the black wristband to cover his mark.

***

Zaider - who was disguised as the cat, ran back towards the house with Y/N following him where he found Draco standing. He stopped near him and dropped the footwear. Draco made a gesture, and the cat jumped into his arms. He scratched the pet's head.

The girl came running towards them and slowed down when she saw Draco. She gave the sarcastic smile again. "Did you ask your little pet to put up that act?" she asked.

"It's just a cat. What act are you talking about?"

Her expressions changed. "What do you need from me? First, you bring me to your house while I'm unconscious, then you act mean and let me go, and now you call me back."