CHAPTER 23

Y/N's POV

I bet Andrew and Aria had planned this coincident meeting. It sounded like something Aria would do. And I did find it surprising when Aria and Draco walked in. Draco, too, seemed confused.

As we made our orders, I noticed something odd about Draco. Aria and Andrew were talking too enthusiastically to realise it. But when I paid close attention to Draco's eyes, I saw him staring at the space between Andrew and me. And then it occurred to me.

I would have never made this decision if I weren't on my period. But I was. And so, I acted casually, as if Aria and Draco being together didn't matter, as if I were good friends with Andrew. And when I saw Draco's facial expression change, I knew he was getting jealous.

Bingo!

I made my revenge plan against Draco. If he used Aria to push me away, I would take advantage of Andrew being my partner and make Draco jealous. And it shouldn't bother him, should it? Because he was with Aria. But if it did, what did that mean?

That was a question for the latter. At this moment, I enjoyed seeing Draco getting jealous of Andrew as we talked.

"So, have you guys chosen any topic for your presentation?" I asked Aria. I acted friendly with her.

"Umm, not yet," Aria replied.

"We are probably going with the first chapter," Draco said, staring at me. I knew he was trying to get my attention.

"Yes, we were," Aria added, "But again, that chapter doesn't have much information included. So we were wondering which chapter would contain valued information."

"Andrew and I," I said, placing my hand on Andrew's shoulder lightly, "...are planning to include both chapters six and seven."

I noticed Draco's eyes on my hand. If his eyes could burn, my palm would be on flame.

"Wow," Aria said, "Is that allowed? We can try something like that, can't we, Draco?"

Draco flinched a little and said, "Huh? Uh... Yeah."

"I mean, that's a great idea," Aria continued without paying attention to Draco. "You will have so much to talk about. I bet it will give you better grades too."

"All thanks to Y/N," Andrew said, touching me on the back. I would have moved forward or asked Andrew to remove his hand. But seeing Draco's hands balled into fists, I did not.

"Come on," I smiled at Andrew. "I merely suggested it. You chose the chapters."

Andrew's hand was still on my back, and Draco looked like he could pounce on Andrew any minute.

"Here's your order," the girl in the apron was back again with our coffees. She placed four cups in front of each of us and the croissant between Andrew and me.

"Here's your croissant, ma'am," she said, "Enjoy your coffee. If you need anything else, you can call me."

"Here," I said. "Let me divide this in half."

I tried cutting the croissant with the knife.

"Wait," Andrew said, and I stopped.

He held the croissant and took a large bite out of it.

"Ew, Andrew," Aria said. "You expect the girl to eat that?"

"What?" Andrew looked at me, confused, "Y/N has eaten from me previously."

"But that was... different," I whispered to Andrew. "We were a couple back then."

"Yeah, you're right," Andrew shook his head. "I don't know what I was thinking."