CHAPTER 4

Y/N's POV

I sat with my head in my hands, recalling the embarrassing scene that had happened a while ago.

After shouting "you" in unison, the stranger had gathered his books and stomped inside the classroom without giving a damn about me, or at least that was what he showed. The crowd nearby gave me stares as if I were a fool.

Paying the least attention to them, I walked inside, where Prof. Joanne scolded me in front of the entire classroom.

Why was I the only one getting humiliated when he had an equal share in whatever happened? If he had checked his surroundings, perhaps he would have avoided bumping into me. If he had not cared about me in the club, he wouldn't have taken me to his house. How could he make mistakes and not get punished for them?

I raised my head and looked around the class to find him calmly sitting in a corner. That serene look on his face made my blood boil.

Calm down, Y/N! I told myself. I couldn't understand why I was frowning my brows for him. Taking a deep breath, I tried to focus on what Miss Joanne had been explaining.

"Hey, pretty face," some poked me from behind.

I turned around to see Aria and her girls' group sitting behind me, giving me odd looks. Aria and her group were that common high school bitches that almost every school had. Makeup, fashion, money, and boys were the only things they lived for.

"What do you want?" I asked as I wasn't interested in talking with her.

"What's the deal with you and the new boy?" she smirked.

I looked ahead to see him, the serene look still on his face.

"Nothing," I responded, facing her.

"Oh, come on," said Michell, "It didn't look like nothing."

"Yeah, the way you both shouted at each other, almost half of the school must have heard you," Melody giggled.

"I don't know what you're talking about." And I turned my face forward, ignoring them.

"Give her some break," said Aria. "She has recently had her break up with Andrew, after, you know, I dumped him. Still, she cannot be comfortable near the good looks." The group started laughing, which got my blood boiling again.

Focus, Y/N. They're just mocking you!

"But hey, scarface," Aria whispered behind my ear, "Don't ever plan to get near that sweet face. He's mine."

I shifted my gaze to the stranger again. Take him. I don't care.

"He's all yours," I said.

Prof. Joanne's lecture ended after an hour, which felt like an eternity.

"And now, I shall call out the names for attendance. Respond if you're present," she announced.

This class is so stupid! Everyone is so stupid.

I was not in the mood to attend any classes today. I wished I could have stayed home and done the usual Netflix and chill. But my mother wouldn't have allowed that. The only escape from this boredom was the bookstore I planned to visit after school.

"Samantha Silvester?"

"Present, ma'am."

One by one, the students raised their hands, confirming they were present. Soon, I heard my name being called out.

"Y/N Cloverfly?"

"Present, ma'am." I raised my hand, trying to get her attention. Prof. Joanne looked at me and marked me present in her register.