CHAPTER 17

Y/N's POV

We weren't that close to Draco's and Aria's table, but they were visible to us. I tried not to look at them because I couldn't bear to see them together. I hadn't expected Draco to actually ask Aria on a date.

I was suspicious when I saw them together. But when Aria confirmed that it was a date, I was heartbroken. I was almost about to tear up, but then I realised I had hurt myself enough over Draco.

I had known Draco only for a week, yet he managed to cause me this much harm. Why should I care if he went out with Aria or some other girl? When had he even shown interest in me? I could be another one of his fan girls.

I needed to prioritise myself over this guy. And so, I had acted coldly, as if Draco didn't matter to me. As if his going out with Aria didn't matter to me. But all that was a white lie I had been telling myself.

"Y/N," Dani called me. "You alright?"

I nodded and smiled.

"By the way, JIM," I said, "Thanks for helping me at Marcus' party."

"Anytime," JIM smiled. "May I ask what you were doing there in that state?"

"It's a long story," I sighed.

"Some other time then, I guess?"

"I really don't wanna talk about it," I said.

"I'm so sorry," JIM apologised. "Here, let me buy you a drink."

He walked toward the bar to get us some drinks.

"So," Dani blushed. "What do you think?"

"He is amazing," I said. "Have you found the perfect guy in PGG or what?"

"I don't know," Dani blushed harder. "He isn't like others. He is different from the rest of the guys in his group."

"Oh, I've noticed that. JIM is so sweet," I said. "I didn't expect any PGG guys to be this kind. I mean, I remember Andrew being rude at times."

"Well, screw Andrew," Dani laughed, and I joined her.

"What are you girls giggling about?" JIM asked as he walked with two drinks in his hand and placed them before us.

"Oh, just the girl stuff," Dani said, "Jack, where is your drink?"

"I'm not having another one," JIM said, "I need to drive you home if you remember."

"Are you trynna make us drunk?" Dani punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"Fine," JIM said, "I'll drink it, and you drive."

"No!" Dani exclaimed and gulped down her drink. "Gosh, that burned my throat."

JIM and I laughed. I enjoyed the chemistry between the two. They looked happy with each other.

What else can I ask for my best friend?

Speaking of chemistry, I again turned to see Aria and Draco seated in the corner. It had only been half an hour, and Aria already looked drunk. She rested her head on Draco's shoulder and chatted about something. Draco nodded his head as if he was a robot.

"I'm going to the restroom," I said to Dani and JIM. "Will be back in a minute."

I walked inside the restroom and planned to freshen up. There was no one else besides me in there. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't know what to think of me.

I considered myself pretty. I could have any other boy I wanted, then why was my mind stuck on Draco? It wasn't like I had been dreaming of dating him. I wasn't sure if I liked him that much in the first place.