CHAPTER 30

Y/N's POV

I didn't know what came over me that I agreed to be Draco's temporary girlfriend. I wasn't sure if I could call myself that. But one thing was certain — I didn't regret it. If I had the opportunity to be with Draco, then I would take it, no matter what it was worth. I didn't know if I was doing the right thing. I just knew I wanted to be with Draco. And as much as the thought of not being able to be together in the future scared me, the excitement of spending these couple of years with him relieved me.

"So, let's decide some ground rules, shall we?" Draco asked.

"Where did you learn that word?" I chuckled.

"Oh, I'm more clever than you know," he chuckled too.

When did I become like this? I thought. A relationship without a future? I wasn't the kinda girl who liked to live in the moment. If I wanted a relationship, I always needed it to be real and not just a momentarily thingy. I used to assume that with Andrew, it was real, that it would last, and I planned our future together. But when things went downhill, I knew for sure that plans didn't work as decided.

It might be a temporary thing with Draco, but I knew he wouldn't disappoint me. And why would you care about the future when you hadn't seen one? Draco and I might break up before he leaves. So, I decided to take my chances this time. Whatever it was, whatever way it worked, I didn't want to let myself down.

"Yeah, okay," I said. "What do you propose?"

"First of all, this thing is between us," Draco said. "No one should know about it. Not even Danielle."

"Hmm. Okay," I said.

"What?"

"What?"

"You sound like you don't agree with it but are rather just adjusting to my needs," Draco said.

"No, it's not that," I explained, "It's just we keep calling it a thing, and I want to know what this thing is. Is it like a relationship? Are we dating?"

"Kinda," Draco said. "But since it's temporary, I don't think we should say we're together or anything."

"So, it has some limits, unlike some normal relationships?" I asked.

"Of course," Draco replied. "As I said, no mentioning it even to your closest friends. We'll act like friends in school and around the people we know."

"So, when are we gonna act like... you know?"

"We can spend some time alone," Draco said. "You know, like... hang out together."

"Yeah, I'd like that," I said.

"No plans about the future," Draco added. "This is a temporary thing. That should always be kept in mind."

"Right," I replied. "We can still share our individual plans for the future, though."

"Yeah, I mean, if we want to," Draco shrugged. "I think it would be better if this thing would be strictly sexual and less emotional."

"You mean like friends with benefits?" I asked.

"What's that?" Draco didn't seem to have gotten it.

"It means friends who have sex with no strings attached," I said.

"What strings?"

I sighed loudly. "It means without any personal attachment or relationship, Draco."

"Yeah, yeah," Draco said. "Something like that. Although, do you want to... have sex with me?"