CHAPTER 48

Y/N's POV

I was confused. Wizard? Was it even possible?

"It's not the time for jokes, Draco," I said without thinking.

"Do you think I'm joking?" He gazed at me intently.

I gulped. "How can you be a wizard? These things don't exist..."

"I knew you won't believe me," he scoffed.

"Draco, are you even hearing what you're saying? It sounds like a fairytale fantasy," I said.

"I'm speaking the truth, Y/N," he said. "Why do you think I'd lie to you?"

"So, you want me to believe you're not a human being but some magical creature?" I raised my brows.

Draco exhaled. "Look, I'm not asking you to trust me. It would be better if you could just forget we ever talked about this and never speak of it again with me or anybody."

I didn't know what to say. I stood there, watching Draco's face. He didn't look like he was joking or lying. But I didn't know how to believe he was a wizard. I mean, an actual wizard, out of all things.

"Come on," he said. "The soup might be ready."

I followed Draco into the kitchen. After the soup was cooked, I poured it into two bowls. We sat on the sofa in his living room, drinking it. There was silence between us. It felt awkward. We looked at each other once in a couple of seconds but went back to drinking our soup again.

"Don't wizards wear long drapes-like clothing, with long beards and a spear in their hands," I joked.

But Draco didn't understand it as he gave me a look.

"It was a joke," I shrugged.

Draco went back to eating the veggies. I thought I had made him feel bad, but then he spoke, "Not all wizards are like those mentioned in fairytales. We have developed, too."

"So, how many of you are actually out there?" I didn't believe it, but I was interested in knowing what Draco had to say.

"We have a whole community out there," he said, not looking at me.

"And you just hide among humans?"

"Muggles," Draco said.

"What?" I stopped drinking.

"We don't say human. We call you muggles," he explained.

"Isn't that what you call me? Wait-" I widened my eyes. "You call me a muggle because I'm not a wizard?"

"Technically, a witch," Draco chuckled. It was good to see him smile again.

"Right!" I was embarrassed. I pressed my eyes to close.

"You can say we mix around with you," Draco said, "But most of the time, we choose to live separately."

I nodded in understanding. "And you perform magic on us?"

Draco laughed this time. "We pretty much tend to hide from you. The wizarding world must be kept a secret from muggles."

"And why is that?"

Draco shrugged. "It has been like that for years."

"Cool name, though— wizarding world."

We finished drinking our soup.

I helped Draco clean the bowls, and then we went to sleep. I drifted off pretty quickly in his arms.

"Thanks for today," I said, then added, "Wizard."