CHAPTER 42

Y/N's POV

I had confirmed my decision by the time we reached Billy's again. Jason had again requested to drop me at home. But I denied the idea giving the same old reason.

"After your birthday, maybe?" he had asked.

"Definitely, then," I had said.

And it was true. There was hardly a week remaining before my birthday arrived, and I would go out with Jason officially.

Today, Jason did more than just impress me. Initially, I had suspected the whole surprise date thing was a way to show off his popularity. But then I realised it was his way of getting to know me. And tonight, I had some of the best times of my life with him.

We did get to know each other through our conversations. It was just like Jason wanted — real. He was one of those rare guys to whom emotions weren't cringed in a relationship. The ones who weren't afraid of commitment. And I realised how good it felt to be real with someone, to be yourself.

Although, there were many things I hid from Jason. Most of them were concerning Draco. I wish I didn't have to, but I couldn't tell him either.

Jason and I also talked about finding the right person. He was frank about his previous relationships and how somewhere he had always known that none of them was going to last.

I had thought it to be one of the lines that he used on every girl — You are so perfect, unlike my exes. Surprisingly, it wasn't that. He said I had imperfections too. But loving a person despite their imperfections was supposed to be true love. He hadn't felt anything like that yet, and neither had I. But it did make me realise that I hadn't been in love with Andrew, Draco or Jason, for that matter. My real person was yet to be found, just like Jason's real person was yet to be found.

"I'm hoping, though," Jason had said, "That it should be you."

That was one of the lines. I had chuckled, blushed, and ignored it.

Now, getting out of Jason's car, I wondered if I could see Jason becoming the right person in my life. But that was an unanswerable question. If I needed to know, I had to find it on my own by taking forward this relationship. And that would be worth it with someone like Jason.

"I hope you liked my surprise," Jason said and held my hands.

"I did," I said in a low voice. Intertwining my fingers with his, I whispered, "Thank you."

"You have said that for the fourth time tonight," Jason teased. "And no need to thank me. I did it because I wanted to."

I didn't know how else to respond to him besides thanking him. So, I just smiled, raised my tip toes and kissed him on the lips.

"Now, that's how I'd like to be thanked," he said when I pulled back. I chuckled, and we kissed again.

"I was hoping to take you to my place after our next date," Jason said, pushing the strands of my hair behind my ear.

"You can," I said and saw his face light up, "If our third date is going to be after my birthday."

Jason rolled his eyes. "I'm not sure I can wait until then for a third date."

"Then you gotta have a little more patience," I chuckled.

"I was wondering if we can go out again this weekend," he suggested, "One last time before I take that trip."

"Yeah," I said, nodding, "I think we can."

"Great," Jason said, "Saturday, seven o'clock. You choose the place."