CHAPTER 37

Smut warning: The following chapter contains mature themes which might be inappropriate for some readers. Proceed at your own will.

***

Draco woke up to the sound of Zaider calling him.

"Master," he said, "Ms Cloverfly is here to see you."

Draco sat up in his bed and rubbed his face. "Tell her I'll be there in a minute."

The house elf nodded and prepared to leave when Draco stopped him.

"How long was I passed out, Zaider?" he asked.

"About twelve hours, master Draco," the elf replied.

"What time is it now?"

"Half an hour past ten," the elf answered. Draco hummed.

"Prepare some sandwiches and herbal tea for Ms Cloverfly and me," he ordered.

"Sure, master." The elf lowered his head and disappeared.

Draco brushed his teeth, splashed water on his face, and ran his fingers through his hair. He didn't care to wear his t-shirt. Putting on his pants, he went downstairs to meet Y/N.

When he reached the living room, he spotted her admiring one of the flower vases. He recalled it to be the most expensive one. Lucius Malfoy hadn't missed the opportunity to off his wealth, even in the muggle world. He made sure his son would stay in one of the best houses in the place. Draco remembered being escorted here as if he were some prince.

"Muggle!" he called and watched Y/N startle. She turned to face him, but Draco noticed she didn't look very happy to see him.

"Scared, are we now?" he asked.

"I... I wanted to apologise," she blurted out.

Draco looked at her, confused. Why was she apologising to him? And what for?

"Why?" he asked that question with a chuckle.

"I should have told you about my date with Jason," she said without looking at him.

"Y/N," Draco held her hands and moved closer. "You don't have to apologise for that. It's me who needs to be sorry."

Y/N caught Draco's grey eyes. "What..." she said, but Draco interrupted her, putting his finger on her lips.

"I was drunk yesterday," he began, "I should have acted... decent. There's no excuse for what I did. And I am sorry for it. Thank you for taking care of me even in that state."

"Of course," Y/N whispered.

Draco's finger slipped down her lips as he let out a low chuckle. "You hungry, muggle?" he asked and pulled her into the kitchen.

"What?" she said as she followed him.

Instead of answering her, Draco called out, "Mrs Zaider! Is the breakfast ready?"

"Yes, master," the maid-disguised elf said and brought two sandwiches with two cups of herbal tea.

After having eaten them, Y/N said, "These were delicious, Mrs Zaider. To be honest, I wasn't that hungry, but the sandwiches looked mouthwatering."

"Thank you, Ms Cloverfly," the elf bowed and left to complete other household chores.

"Come on," Draco said and held Y/N's hand. "I'll give you a tour of this place."

"Looks like you're forgetting it's not my first time here," Y/N chuckled but followed him nonetheless.

"You haven't seen anything yet, muggle," Draco smirked.