CHAPTER 25

Draco watched Y/N straighten as he walked near the bar. But Draco's intention wasn't to talk with her. He needed a drink. As expected, Aria had drained the energy out of him. She clung to him as if she had never seen a guy in her life before. And with the strong perfume she wore, Draco found it hard to breathe among the crowd of people dancing.

Draco sat beside Y/N, facing the bar. She was looking in the opposite direction toward the stage. Loud music and colourful lights were playing in the background. And Draco realised Y/N might be watching Andrew.

Although Draco had decided not to bother about Y/N and Andrew anymore, he couldn't help feeling jealous when he saw Y/N hugging Andrew during the dance. He had the urge to pull them away. But with Aria clinging to him, Draco had felt helpless. He couldn't bear to watch them together. Then, as if to show his despise, Draco furiously turned his head away from them and hoped Y/N got the message.

Now, sipping on his drink, Draco and Y/N sat beside each other with silence and tension hanging between them. Draco was aware that one of him would initiate the conversation sooner or later. He patiently waited for Y/N to say something.

Suddenly, two guys from the class walked beside her. They seemed energised by the clothes they wore. Draco remembered them as the famous gay couple from school.

"Hey there," one of them, Jay probably, greeted Y/N.

"Why is the prettiest girl of the night sitting at the bar alone?" Nathaniel, the other guy, asked.

Draco heard Y/N laugh before responding, "Needed a break. But OMG, Nathaniel, dare you to call me the best-dressed person of the night when you show up in that."

"Thanks, girl," Nathaniel flustered, "Jay and I wanted to do something crazy. You know, one of those couples thingy."

"You both look great," Y/N said. "And Jay, I love your nail tint."

Jay wanted to say something, but Nathaniel interrupted, saying, "Say, girl, you are not seeing anyone at the moment, are you?"

Draco tightened his jaw. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop, but their conversation was so clear to him. After hearing Nathaniel ask this question Y/N, Draco was afraid that she would take Andrew's name. He was already on the verge of losing his control, he couldn't bear to get hurt again.

"No," Y/N said, and Draco was relieved. "Single as a pringle."

"Great," Nathaniel said, "because there's this guy. He is like, OMG, so handsome..."

"Nathan!" Jay punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"What? Isn't Jason pretty?"

"He is, but don't forget you're my boyfriend."

"Of course, honey." They kissed.

"So anyway," Nathaniel said, "Jason goes to Saint Anne's High School, and he is really looking forward to going on a date with you."

Draco gripped his glass tighter as he waited for Y/N to reply. He heard her cough as if she had choked herself.

"With me? Where did he see me?" she asked.

"At the club, he says," Nathaniel said.

"And at our school, again," Jay added.

"So, what do you think?"

"I... I'm not sure," Y/N said. Draco exhaled slowly after realising he had been holding his breath.

"Oh, come on, girl," Nathaniel nudged. "You gotta give him one chance."

"Look," Jay said. "He is tall, handsome, tanned, muscular. And sweet."

"Yeah, he is the kindest person without a hint of arrogance. Come on, think about it."