CHAPTER 20

Y/N's POV

"No," I said. Draco looked somehow relieved as if he was holding his breath.

"I'm not that kind of person," I said. "In fact, I believe money corrupts people. It snatches them of their humanity; makes them heartless."

"Are you saying I'm heartless?" Draco said.

I looked at him, surprised. I didn't mean to offend him. Tonight had been going great so far, and I hadn't planned to ruin it.

"No!" I said. "I didn't mean you. I was making a general statement."

"But you know I am rich, aren't I?" Draco asked. I nodded.

'"And you said wealthy people are heartless, didn't you?"

I nodded again.

"So, you called me a heartless person, didn't you?"

I said nothing and kept staring at him with an apologetic face. Draco's smile had disappeared. It was replaced by a serious look.

As I continued to look him in the eyes, Draco's lips curved into a grin, and he burst into laughter.

"Honestly, muggle," Draco said. "You should see the look on your face. Did you really think I was being serious?"

I came to my senses and realised that Draco was messing with me. And I walked right into this plan.

"You!" I shouted and splashed water on him as my revenge.

Draco covered himself with his hands and then attacked me with some water. I took a step back as I prevented myself from his water attacks. After a while, we stopped.

Draco straightened and regained his previous position while I walked around, playing in the water with my feet.

"I think it's time to leave," I heard Draco say.

"Can I stay for five minutes, please?" I asked.

"I'm not sure if by five minutes you mean the whole night," Draco replied.

"It's not that late," I whined.

"Yes, it is," Draco said. "You see, I don't plan to be your babysitter tonight. So I'd suggest you politely follow me, Ms Five-minutes-more-please."

"No, I won't," I said, planning to run away from Draco.

But to my surprise, I had hardly taken a few steps when I felt Draco's arms on me. He caught me from behind, his hands wrapping around my waist. I shouted as Draco lifted me from the ground.

"Yes, you will," Draco said. I could smell his minty scent. He carried me out of the water on the dry sand. I tried to break free, shaking my legs, but Draco's grip only got tighter. My back was touching his chest, and I could feel how close we were.

"Draco, put me down," I screamed.

"Not unless you promise you won't get back into the water," he said.

"I promise," I said.

Draco put me down and removed his hands from me. He took a step backwards. Draco's warm touch on my body got replaced by the cold air around us.

I did not face him as my face was flushed red. I didn't want Draco to see that. So I quietly wore my shoes and waited for Draco put his on. After that, we drove back home in silence.

***

Y/N asked Draco to drop her by the club, but Draco couldn't let her walk alone at this hour. He remembered calling her back because of the same reason when he had first met her.