CHAPTER 52

Y/N's POV

It was a day for my birthday. When I returned from school, my family looked as if preparing for a feast. I didn't know when my birthday become a huge deal for them. It was always a special day since I was supposed to turn eighteen. But I had been thinking all my family wanted to do was reminiscence the old memories of my ancestors.

Dad was on leave and busy preparing for the decoration. Mom was out shopping for groceries and meat she planned to cook the next day. Grandma was helping out wherever she could. I honestly hadn't expected this. Nor was I in the mood to join them.

Rather, I was saddened by the incident at school today.

After school, Principal Thomson called Draco and me into his office. I was scared of what he might have to complain about again. Draco and I hadn't fiddled around in school again after what had happened.

Thankfully, it turned out to be a reminder of the meeting of our parents. It wasn't good news, but it was better than my expectations.

Principal Thompson said he understood and sympathised with my situation since Andrew had assaulted me. He assured me he could wait a couple more days until my family recovered. But he couldn't entirely cancel the meeting and needed to see my parents as soon as possible.

Draco had a chat with Mr Thompson privately after that. I waited outside the principal's office for him. When I asked, he said his parents couldn't attend the meeting. He asked the principal if someone else could join as his guardian.

"Can't you make him forget about the meeting like you made Jason forget about me?" I asked.

"No," Draco said. "I can, but it might have consequences. Somethings are better off as they are."

I plopped on my bed with a sigh. How was I going to reveal to my parents about this? How would they react to the video of their daughter kissing a wizard?

Pfft-

They didn't even know Draco was a wizard. But he was still a guy from school. And I was forbidden from dating, let alone going around kissing guys. We had agreed to be more understanding in the family now, and they had become easygoing, but it would still come as a shock for them.

I groaned as I covered my face with my palms.

I have a wizard boyfriend.

I'm dating a wizard.

How was I ever going to digest the fact? But there was something else I was saddened by.

"I will have to leave for home tomorrow," I remembered Draco saying. "I have got urgent business to attend to."

"You're not going to be there for my birthday?" I had asked.

"Don't miss me too much."

"When will you be back?"

"As soon as I can."

Staring at my ceiling now, I wondered if I should see Draco while he left. He was officially my boyfriend now. Well, not officially. But tomorrow was my birthday. I would have to tell my family about us the day after tomorrow. They knew him anyway. Mom seemed to like him. Not going to lie— he looked pretty decent with my family. Maybe introducing him as my boyfriend was not a bad idea after all.

It was also possible that if my parents liked Draco as my boyfriend, they might not scold us for kissing at school. Of course, they would lecture me, but they wouldn't be too mad.

It was settled then. I would see Draco off— planned it as a surprise for him. I would introduce him to my family as my boyfriend when he came. And then, I would tell my parents about the meeting with Principal Thompson.