Chapter 50

On the other side of the world, the group of GOUDA was getting worried as well. Mikha focuses her sadness on submerging herself into her art and office work again. Her friends knew that when Mikha was like this, she ignored everything around her, including those people who cared for her. They wanted to support her, but they didn't know how, since Mikha was not vocal about her feelings.

The particular individual who can approach Mikha is Reign. She was the constant person beside Mikha since they came back from L.A. Somehow, Reign could help Mikha to forget her pain and the sole person who can drag her out from her office and studio to join her friends for dinner.

It has been more than a month now, and the two lost souls were back to being strangers again. No one knows if Mikha and Aiah can still patch things up. They just started their relationship and every time they meet, they are always surrounded with obstacles. Furthermore, circumstances and distances played a role, preventing them from meeting halfway.

The structure of the Shertoin Hotel is complete and the Wydham Group would like to hold a soft launch of the hotel. They invited everybody who contributed to the development of the building, including Mikha and her friends.

It was Friday, the weekly hangout of Mikha's group, and they all met at their favourite gastropub near their office. The group was talking about coming to the opening party of the new business of Aiah's company. The GOUDA group together with the engineers and architects, will come to the event. Mikha is still reluctant to go, since Aiah will be there with Jeremy.

"It will be next Saturday, Mikha. Why not go with Reign as your date? Show them you are alright without her." Gelo suggested.

"I know I am close to Reign, but I would rather not use her as my revenge. Besides, it is not fair to her. Please guys, let us just enjoy the night. I don't want to talk about it." Mikha informed the group. They all knew when she was like that not to push the issue anymore.

At the Liem Industry, Reign visited Mikha to invite the latter for lunch. She brought some meal for them to share. They caught up about their work and Reign delivered the invitation from Shertoin Hotel. But Mikha decided that she was not going to attend the said event. Reign is aware why, and she never pursued the idea of pressuring Mikhs to come with her.

Mikha would like to have a coffee after, and she offered one for Reign. Mikha was about to make one from the pantry, but Reign volunteered to do it instead and left the room. Mikha continued to do her work. Then Reign arrived back and someone also appeared beside her.

"I apologize, Mikhs, but Jeremy wanted to talk to you," Reign said.

"Sorry for coming unannounced. I know how busy you are, but do you have a minute? I have some important matters to tell you." Jeremy related.

Mikha was surprised. She was not expecting Jeremy to drop by in her building and, more so, to communicate with her, of all people. She can sense some urgency in his voice.

"I have a scheduled meeting this afternoon, but I have a few minutes to listen. But please have a sit." Mikha responded.

"This won't take long, I promised. I know about you and Aiah, Mikha." Jeremy related. Mikha was stunned by the revelations. She was speechless, but remained composed in front of Jeremy.