Chapter 24

Two springs, summer, autumn and winter had gone fast, the two lost souls became a stranger again.

Mikhs stays most of her days carrying out her composition in her gallery, sketching and painting. If not in her studio, she will be in her office in London running her ass off at the Architecture firm. She works non-stop since she went back from her holiday in Europe.

The GOUDA group (comprised of 9 people who love cheese so much – Colet, Stacey, Jho, Shee, Maloi, Gweny, Jaz & Jao), Miks friends were worried about her. They visited Miks at her 4-bedroom apartment in London as often as they can, just to make sure that Miks remains alive and not only breathing all the colours of her pallete and canvasses.

Since Miks left Rome, she focuses all her attention on getting all her concepts for her painting. All of her wonderful pieces of artworks mirroring her sadness, longing for someone special to her. Miks came to a point that her creativity was suppressed and whatever she did could not produce a masterpiece. The more she feels the pressure because of the overwhelming emotions of despair.

Miks wanted to function her creativity, wishing for inspiration. For the good two months after Aiah departed, she was snooping the entire US searching for her. She doesn't believe that destiny will create a way for them to get back at each other's arm like in the film Serendipity, not unless they made a move.

In a year and a half of quest, Miks lost hope until circumstances forced her to stop. She worked on all her advances, including hiring a private investigator, but all failed. She accepted their fate, that perhaps it did not really mean them for each other.

Thanks to her friend's GOUDA, Miks got back up anew. She focuses her attention at work and on her painting, which soon she will open again a mini exhibit in Hays Galleria, along the River Thames in London. Afterwards, Mikha will have a huge exhibit in NYC in August, for the summer, sponsored by an International Corporation.

"We are so proud of you Miks, you turned your pain into your strength in making those wonderful collections, and now you have a vast sponsor. As in Miks, you are not a silent artist any more because look at you today, your painting is now flaunting in every known gallery all over the world." Colet, the eldest in the group, happily shared.

"Hmm..... What is it, Colet? You will not give me all those grandiose appreciations if you need nothing together with our friends behind you, who keep on nodding at what you just said. Spill." Miks had a hint about where the conversation will lead to, but she preferred to confirm it from her friends.

"We wished to support you, by all means Miks and what a way to do that if we are all going to be there beside you. Anyway, I am sure your sponsor will give you extra rooms for your invited friends, right? Maloi is also backing Colet regarding voluntary, giving them a pass to come with her to the exhibit.

"Did you mean to bring all of you to NYC with a free plane ticket and accommodations? No need to ask my major sponsor about it. I will finance all of it, and it will be a good time as well for us to relax and do our yearly group meet in NYC for a change. Miks is smiling at the antics of her friends.

(Author's Note: Will Miks and Aiah meet in NYC? Please leave a comment or suggestion about the story. Thank you.)