Chapter 8

Aiah felt buzzed after an hour, and Miks decided for them to head back to their hotel. Aiah felt dizzy and could not walk straight anymore. The good thing, their hotel was close to the bar itself, and Miks assisted Aiah to walk until they reached their suite.

She assisted Aiah to lie down in her bed and removed her shoes. Aiah encircled her arms on Miks nape and encouraged the latter to lie down beside her. Both are staring at each other's eyes. Aiah looks in between Miks eyes and lips. Aiah was about to close the gap when she felt nauseous and rushed to the toilet. Miks held Aiah's hair and gave her some tissues. When Aiah finished, she gave her a glass of water to drink and assisted her back to bed. Aiah dozed off right away, and Miks covered her with a blanket and left her in the room.

Miks was beyond confused about Aiah's reaction all day today. She does not know what is Aiah's preference, since they never talk about it. It is wrong to assume, but Aiah gave her mixed signals all day.

The next day comes, Aiah acts like nothing happened the night before, same with Miks. After breakfast, Miks offered Aiah if she wanted to try the Montjuïc Cable Car. The latter agreed, and so they went afterwards.

Aiah never mentioned to Miks that she has a phobia of heights, and she could not say no when she saw how excited Miks was about this trip

Aiah never mentioned to Miks that she has a phobia of heights, and she could not say no when she saw how excited Miks was about this trip. But as soon as the cable car moved, Aiah could not control her fear any more. She closed her eyes and leaned her head on Miks chest. Miks sensed Aiah's fear, and she engulf her in her arms. She held Aiah's chin and encouraged her to look at her. Aiah opened her eyes, and she saw sincerity through Miks dark brown orbs.

"Hey, relax! I am here. I won't leave you. But you have to open your eyes or else you will miss the opportunity to see this lovely view in front of you." Mikha said while holding her hand. Aiah moves closer to Miks while holding her hand. She remains reluctant but nonetheless agreed to open her eyes and started looking at the view.

"Wow! The view is stunning, Miks, thank you for this." Aiah is still holding Miks hand.

"See I told you. You can see the sea coast view from here and the entire view of the City." Miks smiling.

Aiah looks at Miks, and she realised how caring and genuine Miks is as a person. A simple touch of Miks calms her fear and weakens her at the same time. But most of all, it flutters her heart. Aiah wanted to deny the fact that she might be starting to like the artist.