Chapter 23

Aiah woke up, spooning Miks into her embrace. She smiled, realizing what they had shared last night. Being this close with Miks she feels "ALIVE & HAPPY" and she never thought that before, even in the arms of her boyfriend in L.A. Now, guilt embraces her being, she is beyond confused about her emotions but no remorse felt for sharing it with Miks in bed. Aiah got up, and she wanted to prepare breakfast for the two of them for a change. She put on her clothes and moved into the kitchen to cook, leaving Miks still snoring in bed.

After breakfast, the two went out near St. Peter's Square to buy some presents for Aiah to bring back with her. She noticed how Miks was so quiet the entire time since they left the house. Inevitably, their trip will end. Somehow, she understood why Miks acted the way she is now because she is the one staying. After today, they both know they are going to face the uncertainty of their relationship. Aiah wanted to believe that Miks and her will cross path again in the future, just like in the film Serendipity. She is trying to claim it, but she knows fairytales do not happen in real life.

"Miks, please do not sulk there. Can we just at least enjoy the rest of the day? Let us create wonderful memories for the two of us to remember from this trip." Aiah is pleading with Miks. She would rather not be in despair on this very day. She preferred to treasure every minute of them together because what they have now might not happen again.

"Yes, for you, I will make things memorable for us today." Miks held Aiah's hand for reassurance. She wished to hug Queen and kiss her at that point, but she knows the further she will do that, the higher she will crave of her.

The rest of the day, they went for a hop on/off bus tour, sitting at the top of the front the entire ride. They wanted to get the glimpse of the city landmarks while holding each other's hand. Photos taken in every chance they got each time the bus stop. They Hop off in the Trevi fountain and ate some gelato there while looking at the continuous flow of the water fountain. Late afternoon, when they headed home for Aiah to pack her stuff. Miks is helping Aiah and making sure that she has everything with her.

Aiah mentioned that her flight will be at 2pm. Miks felt glad and relieved that she will still have a bit of time with Aiah in the morning before she sent her off. They stayed all night talking and cuddling until they fell asleep.

The day of Aiah's flight.

Aiah encouraged Miks not to send her off at the Airport for the reasons: First, she didn't want things to make even more difficult for them to part ways. Second, they still needed to continue as it is within their established rule not to know what country they both live in. They preferred to endure in matters where they started as strangers. Both decided that it will be simple that way, less hassle and attachment. Third, it will help them to move on and go back to their normal lives.

The thought that they both wanted to believe. Though both are aware that Barcelona and Rome engraved in their hearts forever. They both have discovered each other soulmates in the eyes of a stranger.

Author's Note:

Two lost souls met their way around to each other's arms in Barcelona.

Will they be able to keep up what they have started or forget each other when their travel ends in Rome?

Or is this an open beginning with no end?

Please hold on to the wonderful adventure of Aiah and Miks, and see if their path will cross again.