Chapter 37

"This is the life..... A free food and drinks coming from our generous friend Mikha. Yes...yes.... I love being your buddy Mikhs, you are the best." Stacey said, while grabbing the pizza right away on the table.

"My goodness, Stacey, will you eat like a lady, please? See all the sauce of your pizza smeared now across your cheeks. You look awful munching like that, you know. Haayyyyss...." Jhoana wiping the corner of her mouth.

"Asus.....as if Jhoana, you just wanted to make a move by touching Stacey, tsk....tskkk...., Your strategy is ancient, my dear. You should do what I have under my sleeves, right, my lovely Shee." Gwen giving a wink to Shee.

"Gwen, what are you talking about? You and Jhoana, have the same style of trying to get girls. Yours is an outmoded practice also, it's 20th century already, there underrated styles today. Hmm... Sheena sits beside her sister Colet.

"By the way, what is the occasion, guys? Why a sudden invitation of going out at this hour? See, I have not even picked the right outfit and put on a nice makeup for myself," Stacey said.

"Ha? Stacey, you are not ready with the way you look just now. See how thick your makeup is, your hairstyle is properly curled, and your clothes are still with a tag behind you. For goodness' sake Stacey. Now, you are saying you haven't prepared yet." Maloi is trying to remove the badge of her dress. Then everyone burst laughing by the way Maloi pulled Stacey's hair because of her annoyance.

"But seriously guys, what was the problem?" Jhoana asked with curiosity.

"Mikhs saw Aiah today at her afternoon meeting with a boyfriend. They are the current client commissioning for some painting pieces for the new hotel that Aki and Gelo are doing."

"I recognized her from the photos on Gelo's IG account yesterday ." Jhoana and Stacey said in unison.

"Huh? Why no one bring it up to me?" Mikhs is now frustrated with her friends.

"We do not know how to tell you Mikhs, knowing she has a boyfriend and soon going to be her husband." Stacey related.

Mikhs informed everybody that Aiah told her she never accepted the proposal. "She would like to sort out first everything on her end and she will come back for me after." All looks at Mikha slightly dumbfounded by what she revealed. All said, "Mikhs that is the most ever vague statement to be considered."

"Hi everyone! Sorry I am late...by the way, it seems like I saw Aiah strolling along the Waterloo station. I could not be wrong, but I know it was her. And she was wandering hand in hand with a cute guy." All looked at once at Jao, ready to throw a dagger in his direction.

"Hey, what did I say? You guys look mad?" Jao added. Colet dragged him and shushed him to keep quiet. Jhoana whispered that Mikhs knew now that Aiah was in the country. "Oops..... Peace ....best friend..." Jao is feeling guilty suddenly by being so tactless about the issue. The group seemed so sorry for Mikhs. They knew they could do nothing about their condition but to be there for Mikhs as a friend.