Chapter 19

Aiah was on her 3rd day of her Europe trip. It was late afternoon at the train station in Madrid-Chamartin heading to Barcelona-Sants when someone walks pass her that caught her attention. She was wearing a baseball cap with her hair tied up and wearing a buggy clothes with a big backpack. Though wearing a cap, she remains oozing with charm and a very stunning look. It was her thick eyebrows and strong feline eyes that caught her attention the most. Then, she took some pad and pencil out and looked at my side, but I was not assuming she was looking at me. A couple of hours after, she was rushing to get her train and disappeared.

After a while, I headed to my train and looked for my designated seat number. It shocked me that the person I was eyeing for at the train station now sitting opposite of me heading to Barcelona as well. Then, I was reading when she kept on glancing at my side, same as she did at the train station. I got curious if she was drawing something about me, I pretended I was mad and caught her attention.

She gave me her name and offered me to buy some food and drink in the middle of our journey. Miks was her name, and when I saw her sketches, it reflected my innermost feeling in general, I got curious about her. I browsed her sketches while she was away and found folded papers, her detailed trip to Europe.

"Really? Do you want to know my answer? Miks asked, and Aiah nodded, encouraging the former to continue.

"I wanted to get to know more of you Queen, and I was hoping our friendship won't last on this trip. Besides......." Miks took a deep breath before she proceeded. "I am beginning to like you, and I can't help it." Miks could not look at Aiah, instead she looked down and picked up some stone and threw it in the water. She was afraid of what will be Aiah's reactions with her admittance.

Silence was the only thing Miks received from Queen. She now regretted admitting what she feels for the latter. Now she thought that her newfound friend was straight. Miks knows very well not to fall for someone like that because truly, emotional pain will be the outcome.

"Sorry! I am assuming now you are straight with that long silence. Just forget what I have said and let's just move on, shall we?" Miks walked back on the way to where they parked their car.

"Miks hold up" Aiah was rushing to catch the latter. "You never waited for my answer. That's unfair." Aiah said, feeling sad now. Miks was just staring at the latter and encouraged her to carry on talking.

"To be honest, I don't know what I am feeling right now. All I know is I am happy being with you. There is something new in me that wanted to burst out. I know I like the way I feel around you. But, you mentioned already, soon we are going to go our separate ways. In a few days, we will go back to our normal lives." Aiah related.

"I knew you were going to say that. But, I do not regret saying what I feel for you. I am just hoping things will not turn out weird for the rest of your days in Rome with me. Friends/Travelling Buddy, whatever you call it," Miks said, a little disappointed, but somehow she feels better by bringing it out from the open.

"Have you seen the film Serendipity, Miks?" Aiah asked, Miks giving her a questioning look.

"And?" Miks responded staring at Aiah. Thinking what was the relevance of the film to their current state.

(Author's Note: For those hopeless romantic, I am recommending the film "Serendipity, which is all about the romance between a New Yorker and a British woman. They let fate determine if it meant them to be together. Released Year 2001)

 Released Year 2001)