42

Felix's POV

It was evening, we went to the party. I felt like I was bringing up memories I'd buried from getting drunk at the school party and Hyunjin had saved me before I met a bad end. I smiled under my mustache thinking about everything that had happened in two years.

-Hello?- He asked me when we found ourselves in front of the two closed doors, from which loud music vibrations made me anxious.

-Yes, for one night, free from the rules.- I announced and a moment later we moved forward in sync, opening the doors. The spectacle before us grew ever more immense. There were people from all over the place, and even though it was only 20:05, there was a smell of alcohol and sweat.

The naughtier girls cast interested glances at my partner as they sipped flutes of booze in their low-cut short dresses. They were barely of age, they would have ruined their lives going on like this...

Hyunjin beckoned me to follow him and so we advanced through the curious crowd until we reached the bar that was swarming with girls in miniskirts. I looked at Hyunjin from behind, but strangely his gaze didn't fly to cleavage or bare thighs.

We sat down on two free stools and he turned towards me smiling, my heart warmed just to see him smile. It's so precious...

-Do you want something?- He asked and I ran my eyes over the bottles of liquor on display.-Ehm...I don't know what to take...

-I was baffled, what did I know about liqueurs or spirits?-I'll do it, don't worry- he gave me a sincere smile and placed his hand on my thigh, making me shiver as he ordered two shots.The waiter handed them to us and I drank in one gulp, feeling my throat burn and the bitter aftertaste invading my palate. I made a disgusted face and he laughed looking at me with eyes full of happiness. He approached my ear and his cheek touched mine, he put a hand on my thigh and I burned, stopping breathing.

-Felix- he whispered and I felt small against him, while his skin was on fire where he touched it.

-You look well dressed like this but you would look better without clothes- as soon as the words reached my brain I half smiled and brought my hand over my mouth to contain the excitement and the embarrassment simultaneously.We ordered more shots and I felt myself reeling, even though he still looked lucid. Suddenly I collapsed onto the balcony and pressed his cheek against it, closing my eyes.

I heard a girl talking to Hyunjin and as soon as I opened my eyes to check they were gone

-H-Hyunjin...?- I mumbled, and then I decided to look for him. I wasn't physically ready to walk, I felt my legs shaking and anxiety taking over me when I looked around and didn't see my boyfriend, is it possible that...? No no no, he would never do that. He could never do that. He knows me so well, he could never do such a thing. I walked like a ghost up to the door and went out, just to get some fresh air and reason with a bit of clarity that I hoped to regain.

I sat down on a stone wall looking around, there were only a few people here and there smoking and a few small groups talking or discussing lively, a few couples kissing and a heart squeeze gave me a glimmer of agitation.

A girl sat next to me and I turned to look who she was, as soon as I recognized those delicate features of hers I put my arms around her neck and hugged her.

-Syria!- I yelled happily.

-Hello my puppy, how are you? We haven't seen each other for years!- She said ecstatically.

-Years?-

-Mmh, it's been two years now, I haven't heard from you anymore, everything okay?- and then I understood why it seemed to me that only a year had passed at the most. I had gone into a coma.

-Y-yes, everything is fine and you?-

-Everything's okay, how's it going with Hyunjin? You guys got together?- she said, with a sparkle in her eyes. I smiled and nodded, she didn't know. I told her everything, about the coma, about Hyunjin, and also about the anxiety that she was assailing me knowing that he had gone somewhere else in that big house.

-Let's split up, I'll look for the floor below and you for the one above, alright?- She asked caressing my cheek carefully and I nodded. I wanted to find it.

I went up the stairs and placed my ear on each door of the rooms, there were several moans and screams but I didn't hear the notes of Hyunjin's voice. I was just one room away and with my hand shaking, I leaned against the jamb. I listened carefully, a girl moaning all the time, okay, and then the world crashing around me. His voice. I heard it

-Turn around- Hyunjin ordered the girl and after a few seconds, the moans resumed louder than before. I felt enveloped in a sense of nausea, I ran to the nearest bathroom and the retching made me cry.

He was fucking another, a stranger. He'd ordered her to turn on her back and fucked her harder than before. And then, I realized what we said at the beginning evening: for one night, free from the rules. I stopped short. Without rules. For one night she could do whatever she wanted. I was nobody to stop him. I was nobody if he wanted to fuck another.

I crouched against the bathroom wall and gave in to despair. What was I supposed to do?