30

Felix's POV

I was putting my all into fulfilling the promise I made to Hyunjin, you were trying harder than school at moments, though I had now stabilized at 3 full meals and a mid-afternoon snack.

It was a mid-December afternoon, with a bone-chilling cold and the bare trees that carpeted the city.

I was walking alone in the little park where I had always gone, with the swing, the picnic tables and the dark wooden benches. Every time I went there I imagined it was all covered in blood-red rose bushes, to give color to those dull, greyish colours. I also remembered when I shared my thoughts with Hyunjin and he approved and how good it was to see him immersed in the imagination of a more colorful and romantic landscape.

My cell phone rang and I took it out of my pocket, it was Changbin.

Changbin<3

Hey how's it going?

Good and you?

Everything ok, are you free tonight?

Yes why?

Thought I'd get takeout sushi and have dinner at my house, okay?

Sure why not!

A sudden anxiety assailed me, at his house? Oh man, Hyunjin would have banned me for sure. With my head full of thoughts, I walked home, thinking about Hyunjin's possible reactions.

-Hey, is everything okay?- He asked me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissing my head.

-Mmh mmh, everything's okay.- he walked away looking at the sofa and I decided to ask him right away.

-Hyunjin?-

-Tell me-

-Um, can I go to Changbin's for dinner?- I asked agitatedly, torturing the cuticles on my fingers. He looked at me and then motioned me to follow him to the sofa. I sat next to him.

-Felix, Changbin is not what you think- he said.

-How do you feel about him?- he asked directly.

-N-nothing I think- I answered with uncertainty. I didn't even know how I felt, well, Changbin was funny and caring but Hyunjin...Hyunjin was everything to me.

-Don't play with his feelings, okay? He can get... very mean. He's not the nice person you usually see- he said.

-W-why?-

-Mmh, it's hard to explain. If you don't satisfy it, it becomes dangerous ...- he said. And so suddenly I was afraid to go to him.

-What can he do to me?- I asked

-Don't underestimate him. You don't want to go, I'm serious- he said.

-By now I've already told him yes- I said with a contemptuous groan.

I swallowed, what else could he have done to me? He was just a friend, I never expressed feelings for him...

The evening

I arrived at Changbin's house, a pitched-roofed, wood-paneled building like a log cabin. I rang the bell and Changbin showed up at the door seconds later.

-Hey! How are you?- he asked inviting me to enter and inciting me by placing a hand on the base of my back. I got goosebumps. It was a large house, with the living room and dining room on the left, while other rooms including the kitchen could be seen on the right. The furnishings were modern and in shades of dove gray and beige.